Thread: Serrated knives

Serrated knives

Does anyone use serrated blades? I've tended to stay away from them because I can't be bothered to sharpen serrations. I'm wondering if it might be easier to say split the rib cage with serrations?

try one of those bush saws from bushwear there pretty good and around 7-8 quid very compact i went though a serrated knives phase didnt last long i could never get a good edge others may have had more success

kris

I've got one of those Just wondering if I can trim down my kit slightly!

Hi Mat, why not leave the ribcage intact in the field and split it in the larder? I find it much easier to handle with the animal hanging up and it makes for a cleaner carcass too.

Quote Originally Posted by Boghossian View Post
    Hi Mat, why not leave the ribcage intact in the field and split it in the larder? I find it much easier to handle with the animal hanging up and it makes for a cleaner carcass too.
    I probably could... But I then then have the hassle of moving the quad out of the way and disposing of the gralloch away from the larder I've been using a small pulley so that I can do a hanging gralloch in the field, but that really adds weight to my kit!