Thread: Parker Hale 1200 action screws

Parker Hale 1200 action screws

With regard to the screws that secure the action the rear one has a tube that goes over it which makes for a snug fit in the action but my front one doesnt which allows for play from side to side i think it must have a bit missing! Should it have one on the front as well?

I aasume if you have a sleeve at the rear it must be a detachable magazine model (for which I only have the parts list in .doc format so it won't upload) but in any event the front screw has no sleeve. They bed into the action with a keyhole shaped washer. Are there not lateral nuts in the fore end that need two pins like a circlip to nip them up?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ParkerHaleManuals033.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by callumity View Post
    I aasume if you have a sleeve at the rear it must be a detachable magazine model (for which I only have the parts list in .doc format so it won't upload) but in any event the front screw has no sleeve. They bed into the action with a keyhole shaped washer. Are there not lateral nuts in the fore end that need two pins like a circlip to nip them up?
    Sorry my mistake! i just realised that the front action screw is sleeved by the magazine/trigger housing! didn't notice as i have it stripped down and have just removed varnish and oiled the stock.