Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: acres

acres

i have two or three blocks for stalking and was wondering if any one new of a way i can work out how many acres i have ?

cheers

use google maps, zoom in using the distance bar as a guide over the area and guesstimate the size in km squared. Then use this converter. CalculateMe.com - Convert Square Kilometers to Acres

Use this:

http://wtp2.appspot.com/wheresthepath.htm

set out a route around the areas of interest then you can calculate the exact area you have.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Walk the perimeter of the blocks and record the track on a GPS unit, record one track for each block.
    The software that came with my Garmin allows me to download the recorded tracks, this will show an accurate outline of each block which can then be overlaid on Goggle Maps.
    It also tells you the area in any units you want and allows you to accurately measure distances between any waypoints you record.

Neil.

.?
    Last edited by 6pointer; 29-05-2011 at 21:29.

Quote Originally Posted by remmy243 View Post
    i have two or three blocks for stalking and was wondering if any one new of a way i can work out how many acres i have ?

cheers
    Ask the owner of the land.

HWH.

Get hold of a OS 1:2500 scale map of the area (the land owner should have one). Each square will be 100mx100msq = 1Ha, 1Ha = 2.475acres, You can also get area grid scales that you place on the map - very accurate. You can pick these up on the net from any forestry equipment supplier. Hope that will help.

Quote Originally Posted by stag1933 View Post
    Ask the owner of the land.

HWH.
    Absolutely, never met a farmer yet who couldn't tell you to the last square yard what he owned.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......