Thread: Gannet

Gannet

On my way home from the hill this forenoon I spotted what I thought was a plastic bag but on closer inspection turned out to be a gannet sitting under a tree with its head under its wing.I walked over and covered it with my fleece and checked to see if it had any injuries.Nothing obvious to be seen and both wings were ok. It did look exhausted though.
    I live over 10 miles from the sea so with my son holding the still covered bird we set off to the beach.
    Released bird back onto the sea and he flew a short distance and landed.When we left he was preening himself.
    I thought that would have been the end of the incident,but no. We both got covered in fleas and have spent the last hour de-lousing
    So if there are any RSPB guys checking out what we`re talking about on this site,could I please have a gold star and some flea--powder

Oops
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Huh ! 'Chances are your good deed will get rewarded by a uniform at the door - sent by the RSPB for illegally catching and molesting a wild bird.

What an excellent opportunity for father/son bonding. Mutual preening !
    Opinions often differ according to unknown circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by ecoman View Post
    Huh ! 'Chances are your good deed will get rewarded by a uniform at the door - sent by the RSPB for illegally catching and molesting a wild bird.

What an excellent opportunity for father/son bonding. Mutual preening !
    your right i had a knock on the door for throwing my coat over a bird , she went wild and called the police