Deer parks...

chopper

Just a quick question as i'm into photography and of course have a great interest in deer so wondered if there are any enclosed herds of park deer in the New Forest or any other parts of Hampshire?

Of course if any are open to public then come the rut etc i'd love to take some pics when im down that way.

P.S- i know where there are wild herds of Reds but would like to take some pics of park deer.

Last edited:
dont know ! but in 1867 shirley lists only 4. HURSLEY,HACKWOOD ,HURSTBOURNE ,HALE PARK
REGARDS NORMA

Chopper, it's not hampshire, but if you get up to kent you should visit Knole Park at Sevenoaks, they've a large heard and it's all open to the public, the deer are very used to the public and can be appraoched with no problems.
Happy snapping

Tikkat3

I have Sika, Fallow, Reds, and Muntjac at The New Forest Wildlife Park. P.M me for details

Sticks

Just a quick question as i'm into photography and of course have a great interest in deer so wondered if there are any enclosed herds of park deer in the New Forest or any other parts of Hampshire?

Of course if any are open to public then come the rut etc i'd love to take some pics when im down that way.

P.S- i know where there are wild herds of Reds but would like to take some pics of park deer.

sam you have access to loads of parks in norfolk whats wrong with taking pictures there????

Bolder wood just out side lyndhurst has a deer sanctuary (what ever that means) there are deer of all speices they are viewable to the public from stages but I'm sure if you contacted the sanctuary you might be able to get a little closer pm me your details and I will find out more for you

interested to know if the parks i mentioned earlier still exist ,here in northamptonshire at that time we had 14

dont know ! but in 1867 shirley lists only 4. HURSLEY,HACKWOOD ,HURSTBOURNE ,HALE PARK
REGARDS NORMA

Hursly doesn't have a park anymore ( shot pheasants there but was remains of old park), and I'm led to believe Hackwood have a small park but not sure on Hurstborne or Hale.

Bolder wood just out side lyndhurst has a deer sanctuary (what ever that means) there are deer of all speices they are viewable to the public from stages but I'm sure if you contacted the sanctuary you might be able to get a little closer pm me your details and I will find out more for you

Thanks. I go there most years to try and take some pics or just watch through my bino's. To my knowledge there is no "sanctuary" but a quiet feeding spot to attract the deer for public viewing.

Back