Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Piggies - who's doing what this year?

Piggies - who's doing what this year?

So who's going where this year on the driven piggies? I'm hoping the Bulgaria trip goes through again this year.

Paul, The one you are hoping gets going this year, is that Hobsons Hunts or am I totally wrong, Cost about 2k+

Poland for mates and i begining of December, cant wait...

Have set this up and will be using a shot gun for the first time..

In the past i have used my .308 succesfully,but having spent alot of time going over the oppertunities and shots i have fired in the past in my head i recon my succses rate would have been higher with the semi, regarding close pigs and multiples comming past....

What do you guys think???

Quote Originally Posted by EMcC View Post
    Paul, The one you are hoping gets going this year, is that Hobsons Hunts or am I totally wrong, Cost about 2k+
    Yeh Hobson hunts, 4 nights full board in a single room of a local hotel, 3 days driven wild boar hunt, up to 12 shot boars for the 3 days and unlimited predators, Bulgarian hunting license, transfer from/to the Airport, interpreter - 1,480 GBP. All boar shot in addition to the 12 to be charged at 360 GBP. Wolves are free and there was a few seen last time.

Nell, like it! Shotgun will really mean business when they are close in and last time in bulgaria a dozen went left to right across me and I only managed two shots with the rifle. I got one in a later drive but I know if I'd had a semi-auto not the rifle it would have been interesting!

And yes, before someone says I shot two trees by the way

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    And yes, before someone says I shot two trees by the way
    [/SIZE]
    You beat me to it Paul.
    would it have been just more trees felled???

I'm organising the trip to Bulgaria again so anyone interested pm me, no dates decided yet.

The 360 per pig ABOVE the 12 included is spread across the group, so you need to bring cash with you. Incentivies the beaters to get pigs onto guns.

And flight is extra. Bulgaria Air out of Heathrow is cheap, and comfortable. Book up soon and it is good value.

Stan

Nothing wrong with shooting trees as long as they are in front of you
    I got a bit worried when the tree behind me suddenly disrupted from a shot taken by one of the local guns that had joined the line after we were all placed

John, to be fair I fired 5 shots, shot the same pig twice and hit 3 trees so I never missed a shot all trip

Quote Originally Posted by paul at barony View Post
    John, to be fair I fired 5 shots, shot the same pig twice and hit 3 trees so I never missed a shot all trip
    well done mate.

Anyway, you're banned for how you shot last trip!!!