Tikka M55 Mag

DL

I've been searching for a ten shot mag for my tikka M55 for years, and have, at last got one.

Just the job - they do exist after all. Photographed next to a five and three shot for comparison.

ee90ab53.jpg

I regularly did a google search until one came up on the stock list of a dealer, I didn't consider it to be expensive, it must be hard to price an unusual item like this.

Doing a bit of reading online in the past, I'm sure I picked up that M55's were used by the police in this country and the military down under, this could explain the higher than normal magazine capacity.

It seems to be a popular idea in Australia :

10 Shot Magazine For Tikka's? - Shooting.com.au

I can't understand why someone. somewhere, doesn't manufacture after market mags for the M55, there must be loads of these rifles still in use. I have one and in my humble opinion, one of the best rifles Tikka ever made, but almost paranoid about losing the mag.

Last edited:
DL

Can you please give me the linnk where you found this magazine.

I, like yourself, have been searching for a spare mag for years - I have only the original magazine in 243, I would love another and especially a 10 shot !

I've just seen an advertisment for ten round magazines for Howa rifles. The magazines appear to be single stack, perhaps it would be possible to adapt them?

Back