Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there any real alternatives to swaro binos?

Is there any real alternatives to swaro binos?

This has probebly been done already but after borrowing a pair of swaro EL 8.5x42s I think. I can't believe how good they were. Now having looked at how much they cost new. I know that I will have to look for a pair of second handers. So here's my question is there any real alternatives?

Alot of people will say zeiss and leica but I think swaros will still edge them, i've been out with clients and the swaros were better by a fair margin. Personal choice I suppose but I know what i'll buy everytime!!

I have a pair of ELs, they are brilliant,bought a pair of Zeiss victory rfs for the range finding, also top notch, but cant bring myself to part with the ELs....

Swaros better than leica or zeiss,im not too sure about that,Thats my opinion,Anyway.
    Atb John

I guess that finding a second hand pair will be damm nigh imposable

try london camera exchange got my el.s there they gave me a good price for old pair of slc,s as well

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    try london camera exchange got my el.s there they gave me a good price for old pair of slc,s as well
    Thanks I will try there. I know there not in the same league as swaros but what do you guys think of these.

Minox BL 15x56 BR Binocular Fogproof & Waterproof on eBay (end time 02-Jun-11 22:53:08 BST)

Maybe too big and heavy for stalking. I have some of the 15x58 ED's and they dont go out too much these days.

But do they work in low light? What I'm trying to get at is that if specifications are equal (coatings ect ect) surely the light gathering capabilities are due to the objective lens? There's is a limited way that you can alter a basic desing so what makes the swaros stand out. I worked in the fishing tackle trade and have seen many hi tec things that were sposed to be the mutts nuts, they all had one thing in common, the high price tag. But only 1% were actuly worth the price asked for. am I on the wrong end of the stick? how could you test the clarity in twilight? Swaros quote some type of standard code but it seams the no other makes seem too. So how do you tell the difference in performance between brands?

I'm not knocking swaros by the way I like them and if I could just go and buy a pair I would.