Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: water proof gear

water proof gear

hi,guys, i,m off on my 2nd stalk at the weekend and as i,m building my kit up i was wondering what your views are on waterproof gear that is not going to brake the bank.i.e. 100% waterproof,light weight and silent. last time i used my jack pyke gear from airgunning days and luckerly it dint rain. any advice greatly received.stav

Deerhunter big wolf suit. about 80. I was well impressed.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I agree with Deer Hunter gear. I got a pair or Patcha trousers and they are excellent and only about 30. Check out Gun Shop, Hunting Shop uk, Shotguns, Rifles, Air Rifles, Scopes, Air Pistols, Hunting Clothes, Rifle Scopes UK, Hunting Shop, Airguns, Nightforce Scopes, Carl Zeiss Scopes, Scmidt Bender Scopes, in Dorset and Devon, UK | Sportsman Gun Centre They often have offers. Also got a Missouri Fleece that is water proof and silent too. Defo worth the 50.

Rivers West gear smashes everything else out the water. Its pretty new to the UK in terms of quality for price it takes some serious beating.

It also comes with a 10 year guarantee

H2P Fabrics
    Last edited by eggy s; 06-06-2011 at 21:52.

i use deerhunter but just looked at rivers west ambush jacket on r scrope advice and it looks preety good

I had a good play with it at the Highclere show. It looks really good............and really pricy to a pauper like me. But I did definitely like it.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

What's your waterproof?

In mild weather a thin Goretex equivalent works if your active, anything else is too hot.

In cold weather you have more latitude of activity and layering to not overheat and still stay dry.

Now, add surface contact points and water ingress can start. Combine Stop, Run, Stay activity and you produce moisture from the in at a rate that steams you whilst the rain is giving you the best massage shower you have ever had...

At least skin's waterproof!

Stan

well the jack pyke stuff is ok for light/medium rain but fails under prolonged heavy rain so something along the heavy side of weather.stav

Another vote for Deerhunter, I have 3 different sets of that, so maybe I like it?
    But buy it at a game fair or suchlike, too expensive via the normal channels.
    I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, but it was only some fecker with a torch bringing me more work

Geoshot,

"But buy it at a game fair or suchlike, too expensive via the normal channels."

Please inform us all as to who your Employer is. I will happily buy your Employer's product such that it results in his inability to maintain your current wages.

We all seek to shaft our own income to save expenditure....

stan