Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not a football fan......

Not a football fan......

Not a football fan (preferring the oval ball myself) but......

Congratulations to Swansea for making it through to to the big time !

Commiserations to Reading by the way.....

It will net Swansea City FC a cool 90m and they now take their place in the Premier League for the first time ever (although they last played top flight football in 1982/83 when it was still Division One)

A great boost to sport in Wales.

Rockingod
    The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple

The sooner football bankrupts itself the better.
    There are much better deserving causes for 90 million than football clubs/players and their associates.
    Sorry, but when it takes a fireman, a nurse or a soldier several years to earn what a footballer picks up in a week then that really boils my piss.
    basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Easy tiger ..... not long till the meet up

Dont want you kicking off after a few bevvies...

Niiiiiiice n chilled buddy...

Totally agree however..
    Last edited by pheasant sniper 1; 30-05-2011 at 18:49. Reason: spewlim
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

You are right - I'm not a football fan

Bunch of big girls blouses mincing about clutching their ankles if a cloud comes over the sun. Crying for their mummy if one of the other boys takes their ball off them

Football isn't a sport - it is a game and most children give up games when they finish school.

Some fantastic rugby this last week, well done the Saracens. Couldn't see a footballer handling that punishment.

by definition football is a sport.it also employs tens of thousands,pumps millions into the economy,keeps millions of kids and adults fit, gives kids a hobby and a form of discipline.if you dont like it dont watch it.there are plenty of people who dont like our sport,i find them childish

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by macberran View Post
    Some fantastic rugby this last week, well done the Saracens. Couldn't see a footballer handling that punishment.
    Yes, I was lucky enough to be at Twickenham on Saturday for the Premiership final - it was quite a game .

The last 10 minutes were some of the most exciting rugby I've seen since the World Cup Final in 2003, with the Tigers camped out on the Sarries touchline.

There were some brutal tackles throughout the game and, though there was only the one try, it was a thoroughly absorbing match.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Nowt wrong with football, only the people who run it, they make the rules. The participants use them to their best advantage.

Now into the bunker.............

If God had wanted the ball to be carried, he'd have put handles on it.....

LOL

Alan

I had an apprentice who was semi-pro for a local club, gave it up to play for the village team. He asked if me and my boys wanted to come down and watch a match. I left after 15mins because of the childish screaming of the c-word and f-word at the ref for ANY blow of the whistle. I'm from Central Scotland where as a child any 'unhealthy' attitudes were not masked so I'm not 'green'. I just prefer rugby.

Quote Originally Posted by macberran View Post
    Indeed! Congratulations to Saracens, and better luck next season Gloucester.

Hope all is well with you Gordon.

ATB

Tom