Thread: newbe

newbe

hi all
    just a quick intro about myself
    Ive been shooting fox and other vermin for a number of years and have just applied for a deer suitable calibre ,while searching around for info on stalking came across this site .
    i like the way everyone seems so helpful on here and the banter seems friendly so i thought i should join
    i am from mid wales (on the coast ) so not many deer close to me ,so will be traveling for my stalking
    cheers nik

Hello nik and welcome to the site, you should find plenty of help on here. Without wanting to start a friendly banter battle, what calibre rifle are you after

John

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB
    Hello nik and welcome to the site, you should find plenty of help on here. Without wanting to start a friendly banter battle, what calibre rifle are you after

John
    270 (if anything will start a friendly banter battle it will be that )

Hi niko,
    Welcome to the site and when you get chance spend some time going through the posts on here there is loads of good advice and help.
    In Oct last year I posted “.270 love them or hate them” and you are right it got opinions’ and views flowing.
    Look forward to reading you posts and let us know what you decide!

Smithy

Quote Originally Posted by smithp18
    Hi niko,
    Welcome to the site and when you get chance spend some time going through the posts on here there is loads of good advice and help.
    In Oct last year I posted “.270 love them or hate them” and you are right it got opinions’ and views flowing.
    Look forward to reading you posts and let us know what you decide!

Smithy
    cheers mate ,i should hopeful hear about it next week
    ive already read your post ,very interesting !
    im a bit of a balistics geek and its the cal for me

Re: newbe

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    hi all
    i am from mid wales (on the coast ) so not many deer close to me, cheers nik
    Welcome to the forum Nik. There was a (supposedly credible) report a few years ago of a Red stag on the beach at Aberystwyth, so keep your eyes open mate - you never know what might turn up.

Re: newbe

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Country
    Quote Originally Posted by niko
    hi all
    i am from mid wales (on the coast ) so not many deer close to me, cheers nik
    Welcome to the forum Nik. There was a (supposedly credible) report a few years ago of a Red stag on the beach at Aberystwyth, so keep your eyes open mate - you never know what might turn up.
    now that i would love to see ,and cheers mate

Welcome Niko, despite the argueing about which calibre does what, above all else make sure your rifle suits and fits you and feels right, thats the best advice I can give you.

It really dosnt matter if its a 270, 308 6.5x55 or 243 you decide apon, they all do the same job as long as the bullet is in the right place

Best of luck, and once again welcome to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc
    Welcome Niko, despite the argueing about which calibre does what, above all else make sure your rifle suits and fits you and feels right, thats the best advice I can give you.

It really dosnt matter if its a 270, 308 6.5x55 or 243 you decide apon, they all do the same job as long as the bullet is in the right place

Best of luck, and once again welcome to the site.
    cheers mate
    my feeling exactly