Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bait stations for foxes ?

bait stations for foxes ?

what do you guys use as a bait station for foxes ?

(Bar the usual pegging meat/rabbit to the ground)

ATB

Dave

Can of sardines in oil punctured with a nail then the tin nailed to a fence post.
    The smell of the "fishy oil" pulls em in!!
    They can't get through the tin to the sardines so have to lick the oil off the post (keeps em there longer!)

ATB
    Daz

get a two ft length of 4ins plastic waste pipe dig a hole bury 14ins of the pipe in the ground pack it well round the pipe when back filling, the piece of pipe sticking up drill 10mm holes all over it , then the only thing left to do is put your bait in, i put old eggs, scraps of fish, guts ETC it pulls foxs in from all over, and as long as you keep topping the pipe up not to full as they will help them self in the top they will keep coming back till u shoot them. it saves driving round the farm put 4/5 of these on the farm and they come to you.

i will try that thanks for the tip

Quote Originally Posted by gadget View Post
    get a two ft length of 4ins plastic waste pipe dig a hole bury 14ins of the pipe in the ground pack it well round the pipe when back filling, the piece of pipe sticking up drill 10mm holes all over it , then the only thing left to do is put your bait in, i put old eggs, scraps of fish, guts ETC it pulls foxs in from all over, and as long as you keep topping the pipe up not to full as they will help them self in the top they will keep coming back till u shoot them. it saves driving round the farm put 4/5 of these on the farm and they come to you.
    Brilliant, cheers for that one

Hand wipes bucket. The type with the flip lid centre where the wipes come thru. When its empty rinse, put all the deer hoffle , rabbit ends,moles what ever in there, pop the hole closed. leave it in the sun. ( should hold approx 1/2 gallon)

It dont spill, (The main lid is as tight as a North yorkshire man) after a week or 3 longer the better, put the bucket down wind , flip the cetre lid open... stand back!!
    The fluid becomes like black swill & the smell from them gasses are unreal.........but the fox love it !!

sit in the comfort of your favorite 4x4 leather seat , zero'd & hey presto.

Quote Originally Posted by gadget View Post
    Great Idea Gadget

Rgds, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Now this is tin hat territory but for what its worth.. a feral cat buried head down with its ass covered with about 1/2 an inch of soil. The smell rises through the body and out of its backside. They will come to it like flys to a turd. If you have ever smelt a rotton cat you will know why.

Oh yes and you have to shoot the cat first.

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

Quote Originally Posted by bunwell wood shoot View Post
    Now this is tin hat territory but for what its worth.. a feral cat buried head down with its ass covered with about 1/2 an inch of soil. The smell rises through the body and out of its backside. They will come to it like flys to a turd. If you have ever smelt a rotton cat you will know why.

Oh yes and you have to shoot the cat first.

Mark

christ I nearly fell off my seat laughing at that!

i use cat food, just leave the tin in the sun for a bit. make sure you pin it down! they can carry tins!

dont do what I did and put one in the shed and forget about it.
    took me a whole afternoon to work out where the smell was coming from!