Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schultz & Larsen trigger adjustment

Schultz & Larsen trigger adjustment

Has anyone got some instructions or a Pdf on how to adjust an M97 Schultz & Larsen trigger box they can share please?

How are you getting on with your new rifle now?

Quote Originally Posted by maccer View Post
    How are you getting on with your new rifle now?
    So far we have only put ten shots through it, that was a zeroing, starting to shoot in and chrono the loads. Once on zero I put three shots through the same hole and she put the final two shots in the same hole, fair to say it was only about 30m but that was a good start if the two of use can use exactly the same setup.

The switch barrel is very easy to drop out and put back in, the overall finish is good and the rifle even comes pre-bedded from the factory. One thing I did notice is just how black the cleaning patches were during the first few shots, these are cut rifled barrels which are hot tin lapped and I suspect this is tin residue coming out, interestingly not a lot of copper came out during the 10 shots. The magazine will take full chamber length rounds at 82mm with room to spare which is handy.

Trigger is a nice two stage with a crisp release however I would like to lighten it slightly so it is closer to my other rifles. All in all a very nice rifle, all that is needed now is a set of swivels and a sling.

A few of my friends and family used to swear by 'Otterup' barrels, are they now branded S&L?

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    A few of my friends and family used to swear by 'Otterup' barrels, are they now branded S&L?
    Same machines making them but now branded S&L, and they have moved from Otterup as well.

There is a short video here showing them being made amazing to see such old machinery still in use to this day.

Hi Ovenpaa, how did you get on with the info you need, i too shoot a Schults& Larsen and would like to fine tune the trigger pull a little.

Hi Schultz, I did manage to find something on it and should have the information in pdf format. If you cna PM me your email address I will send them over.
    /d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tųj jeg har paa ...

Journal: http://shootingshed.co.uk/wp/

Thanks Ovenpaa, pm sent,

Hopefully the version I have mailed over covers your rifle however if not I have access to information on just about every single model of S&L ever built so I should be able to track something down.

One thing I should add, the current owner of S&L does not like light trigger pulls...
    /d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tųj jeg har paa ...

Journal: http://shootingshed.co.uk/wp/

There was a post by "olaf" recently where he had an issue with a S&L trigger:

Steve Beaty Ivythorn Sporting

Andrew