Thread: Browning X Bolt.

Browning X Bolt.

Does anybody have any idea why F.N. (a european company) doesn't supply the X bolt in 6.5 x 55. I know a lot of their market is in the USA but it is a popular cartridge there as well. I think the A bolt was available in it but I may be wrong.

David.

Not sure why F.N would have anything to do with the X-Bolt.
    Made in Japan by Miroku, or at least that is what it says on mine.

Neil.

Because the X-Bolt is a Browning, manufactured by Miroku, a Browning subsidiary, then the clever bit, Browning is itself a subsidiary of Herstal Group. FN Herstal also come under Herstal Group, so really Kalahari should have asked;
    Does anybody have any idea why Herstal Group (a european company) doesn't supply the X bolt in 6.5 x 55. I know a lot of their market is in the USA but it is a popular cartridge there as well. I think the A bolt was available in it but I may be wrong.

David.
    Herstal Group makes a big deal of being European, specifically Belgian, even more specifically, Wallonian, so it does seem odd not to ensure that one of the Group products is marketed in a popular European calibre.

I was after one and spoke to browning they said there was know plans for this model in 6.5x55 but the did the A bolt in this calibre I saw one at the Midland Game Fair
    If its hit its history / If its missed its a mystery

A gun is always loaded .A mule always kicks

Gosh I thought I was a pedant.

Still I suppose I should have got it right in the first place.

Thanks,

David.

One for sale on here in 7mm08 fill yer boots.

I read an advert in one of the shooting magazines where they said the 6.5 was available to order.

Simon
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

I'm wondering if it is the French problem rearing up. It's a military calibre so has less of a market if you exclude France.

(I'd be more than willing to be corrected as I have no basis for this other than it being a brain fart...)

Even if it was a non military round, it wouldn't be succesfull in France. It would be considered "to" light. There will be a number of double barreled rifles in 9.3x74R and 8x57 JRS around and the rest wil be mostly semi auto rifles, either Browning Bar or Remington.
    A 270 would be considered as a very light ( on the limit ) rifle. Other calibers used will be 280 , 7 mm RM and 300 Win Mag. All because they are available in semi auto's.
    Bolt actions will be used in the same calibers and certainly in 7x64

they don,t make a x bolt in 6.5x55,but they make a, a bolt in 6x5x55 they were 499 quid in york guns ,i wanted a x bolt in 2506,they dont import them into uk, but they do make them,so i had a 270 win instead atb steve