Browning X Bolt.

Kalahari

Does anybody have any idea why F.N. (a european company) doesn't supply the X bolt in 6.5 x 55. I know a lot of their market is in the USA but it is a popular cartridge there as well. I think the A bolt was available in it but I may be wrong.

David.

Not sure why F.N would have anything to do with the X-Bolt.
Made in Japan by Miroku, or at least that is what it says on mine.

Neil. :)

Because the X-Bolt is a Browning, manufactured by Miroku, a Browning subsidiary, then the clever bit, Browning is itself a subsidiary of Herstal Group. FN Herstal also come under Herstal Group, so really Kalahari should have asked;
Does anybody have any idea why Herstal Group (a european company) doesn't supply the X bolt in 6.5 x 55. I know a lot of their market is in the USA but it is a popular cartridge there as well. I think the A bolt was available in it but I may be wrong.

David.

Herstal Group makes a big deal of being European, specifically Belgian, even more specifically, Wallonian, so it does seem odd not to ensure that one of the Group products is marketed in a popular European calibre.

I was after one and spoke to browning they said there was know plans for this model in 6.5x55 but the did the A bolt in this calibre I saw one at the Midland Game Fair

Gosh I thought I was a pedant. :D

Still I suppose I should have got it right in the first place.

Thanks,

David.

I read an advert in one of the shooting magazines where they said the 6.5 was available to order.

Simon

I'm wondering if it is the French problem rearing up. It's a military calibre so has less of a market if you exclude France.

(I'd be more than willing to be corrected as I have no basis for this other than it being a brain fart...)

Even if it was a non military round, it wouldn't be succesfull in France. It would be considered "to" light. There will be a number of double barreled rifles in 9.3x74R and 8x57 JRS around and the rest wil be mostly semi auto rifles, either Browning Bar or Remington.
A 270 would be considered as a very light ( on the limit ) rifle. Other calibers used will be 280 , 7 mm RM and 300 Win Mag. All because they are available in semi auto's.
Bolt actions will be used in the same calibers and certainly in 7x64

they don,t make a x bolt in 6.5x55,but they make a, a bolt in 6x5x55 they were 499 quid in york guns ,i wanted a x bolt in 2506,they dont import them into uk, but they do make them,so i had a 270 win instead atb steve

Back