Thread: Laksen boots

Laksen boots

Afternoon all,

Curiosity is getting the better of me and now that my trusty Beretta ferret boots have a small puncture (one that I can't find anywhere) I am looking for a new boot to get borken in before the autumn.

I went to a local retailer today who stocks Aigle and Laksen amongst others. The Lasken boot felt very sturdy, secure and warm around the foot and I could imagine that after a few outings that the leather would become more supple.

I was contemplating a boot with a high rubber rand over the toe, similar to the dovre or the Lowa hunter nut at around the £150 mark the Laksen's seem like a good option.

Their use will range from walking to the shop for a pint of milk to trudging through bogs, woodland, heather, scree, subject to warm summer and cold winters in a high seat. Essentially one boot for everthing. No tall order then?!

Does anyone have any experience with these boots? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

DC

I've got the Meindl Dovre boots and can't rate them highly enough. Have used them for many situations.

I bought a pair of the pro hunters a couple of years back and haven't wrecked them yet. Nice and sturdy ideal for walking in, mine tend to be out in all but the wettest weather but do 2 miles a day walking the dog plus shooting. They were discounted when I got them and at £75 they were a bargain

Al4x1 - looks like the Laksens either aren't too common or are not too popular. We are two of a kind now though. I decided to give them a whirl.

A pair of the Brenner boots - feel great immediately, looking forward to getting them broken in before a Scottish break.

Cheers guys.

DC

my lundhags are doing fine after 8 years of abuse

Quote Originally Posted by al4x1 View Post
    I bought a pair of the pro hunters a couple of years back and haven't wrecked them yet. Nice and sturdy ideal for walking in, mine tend to be out in all but the wettest weather but do 2 miles a day walking the dog plus shooting. They were discounted when I got them and at £75 they were a bargain
    +1. I own a pair and wouldn't be without them. Damn good boots. Sure i saw some on ebay recently about £75.

Scrun