Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Badgers

Badgers

Sat out tonight on a new bit of land thats pretty quiet and saw two ginger badgers well before dark , just wondered how many other people have come across them

Seen a few round here,as far as i'm aware they are albinos but they do look a bit ginger because the soil stains them a bit i guess,one place in particular seem to always see them year on year.

One ran across a track just a few yards ahead of me at first light. I only had a fleeting glimpse of it but saw enough to recall it being most definitely ginger. Quite bizarre!

A quick Google reveals the following - http://www.flickr.com/photos/31952071@N08/2984101317/
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

Thats interesting Irwch not like the ones i have mine have no discernable stripes,just look to be dirty white ones,those ones look like true gingers.

Ginger ones not far from me, seem to stay pretty much to the one area, been a sett with gingers there for twenty odd years that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnraider View Post
    Thats interesting Irwch not like the ones i have mine have no discernable stripes,just look to be dirty white ones,those ones look like true gingers.
    I didn't see any noticeable stripes on the one I saw either. Given that I was in Norfolk at the time and having no knowledge of ginger badgers, my immediate thought was that the reports of the eradication of coypu were a little premature!
    /l\ Y gwir yn erbyn y byd /l\

Quote Originally Posted by Iwrch View Post
    I didn't see any noticeable stripes on the one I saw either. Given that I was in Norfolk at the time and having no knowledge of ginger badgers, my immediate thought was that the reports of the eradication of coypu were a little premature!
    Ahh the good old coypu,i used to fish a lot of waters in east anglia years ago and never saw one,i didn't know they had managed to eradicate them,young probably been eaten by all the mink no doubt.

ginger badgers are true ginger albino badgers white

There is a lot of destruction of bumble bee and wasps nest by badgers, perhaps they use the honey and pollen as hair conditioner?

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    Sat out tonight on a new bit of land thats pretty quiet and saw two ginger badgers well before dark , just wondered how many other people have come across them
    You sure it wasn't two ginger beavers