Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pics of cz 452 with large scope

pics of cz 452 with large scope

hi folks, im new to hear and im picking up my new cz 455 .17 hmr thumbhole stock in the next few weeks. there is a few scopes i like that i cant decide on, one is a nighteater 3-12x 56 and the other is leapers 6-24x56 with illuminated rectile and paralex adjustment, it looks a great piece of kit but has any one ever used one, maybe to good to be true for the money?
    can anyone advise a scope or post up pictures of 452 or 455 with scopes, im not sure if a 56mm will look too big.
    also looking to get a bi-pod if anyone can recommend one.
    thanks in advance, james

im a big fan of leupold mate great optics good price i have a mk 3 4.5-14x50 on my hmr with a varmint reticule love it never been a fan of huge objective lenses just my opinion more cosmetic than funcional for me
    i have harris on all my centerfire rifles but for my 22 and hmr i made a small bipod out of 2 peices of hazel secured by a heavy duty rubber o ring wrapped in rubber where rifle will sit cost noting and works great ive found rifle mounted bipods get in the way when using my 22 and hmr
    hope this helps

kris

SD Regular
    Hi James,

Welcome to the forum.

What barrel length and mod are you having? 56 objective will look fine though (make sure to get the right mounts), although 50 will also do you more than adequately.

If push came to shove in this price range, I'd go for an MTC over both you have mentioned. Don't expect scopes of this quality to perform miracles at the higher ends of their mag ranges. I use an MTC Mamba 4-16x50 on my 17, although I do have my eye on a more premium scope at the moment......

4-16 or 6-24 or equivalent will be more than enough for the 17 - go with what you like the feel and performance of.

On bipods, you pays yer money.....swallow hard and get a Harris. Failing that get one of the Deben ones. 9-13 is probably the most useful for prone shooting, 13-23 if you're sitting. Also get a swivel one rather than fixed if you can.

HTH

E t R
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

thanks for the advise, im getting a 16" with sak moderator. my budget for scope is 150, to be honest i like the larger scopes as it gives the good a nice appearance, i have seen a few with sunshades fitted making it longer. i want a nice looking gun aswell as a good shooter and thats why i went with the thumbhole stock. i will defo go with a swivel bipod as i have used a fixed one on a .243. the hmr is just for fun and pest control as i have a .243 slot on licence that i hope to fill with a howa 1500 .243 varmint thumbhole once my house build is finished. are the swivel ones a different design or are they just mounted to a swivel stud on the gun.
    thanks again, james

Something like this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1small.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	296.9 KB 
ID:	7193

This one is a 452 American with a 4-12x50 Leupold. Can't remember what make the bipod is, but it fits on the swivel stud and tilts as well.

HTH
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg  

Is this what you have in mind?

Scope is a Meopta 7x50. S/H ballpark 200. Much better scope than those you suggest.

Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

SD Regular
    Brian has, as always, hit the nail on the head. A better quality second hand scope is by far the best option. Seek and ye shall find.

On bipod - most attach to the QD swivel stud these days - I was referring to one that tilts and/or swivels on the legs, so you don't have to pig about re-settling your rifle once a target appears (or moves a bit once acquired).
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

thanks for the advise, what makes of decent second hand scopes should i keep and eye out for.

SD Regular
    ...you will now get a very long list...!!

Leupold (also look at Redfield, recently purchased by Leupold - just a bit outside your budget new)
    Meopta
    Burris
    Bushnell
    Pecar

Gregor MacLeod has a Leupold 6.5-20x40 for 235. It will be used and have a few marks, but it will do a good job of work.

The Euro scopes are getting ever more expensive.

Personally I will sacrifice mag for clarity every day of the week. But the Leupold will work for you.

I have a 3-18x50 Z6i on my 22/250. I find anything over 12x is pretty much unuseable under field conditions. Brilliant off the bench, useless otherwise.

Here is a Meopta on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MEOPTA-TELESCO...item43a77134b2
    Last edited by Claret_Dabbler; 03-06-2011 at 11:21.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......