New Member from Berkshire

Gunner

Just wanted to introduce myself and say how much I've been enjoying this website and the forum over the past couple of months. I am completely new to deer stalking and having a young family has created a lack of time (& money) for my hobbies at present :cry:

However I have been shooting air rifles, smallbore & shotguns since I was 8 and did a lot of competitive service rifle shooting in a previous career. I am about to join Maidenhead Target Shooting Club (http://www.maidenhead-target-shooting-club.org) to keep my eye in with the air rifle (BSA Superten).

Does any member know of a good club in or near Berkshire where I could get some deer stalking training and also some hands on with various rifles prior to deciding what to purchase? I've been a member of BASC since I was 11 so am thinking of pursuing my DSC via them. I've also still got to obtain my FAC.

Other hobbies / interests include fly fishing (mainly trout) and beekeeping (have kept bees since aged 11). Some of the money I make from selling honey is being diverted into my rifle purchase fund :D !

Welcome to the forum, Gunner.

I know what you mean about the young family, and the money - I think childminders, and the people who make Smiley Faces earn more than I do!

Still - with food prices being what they are - when you get that first Roe and fill the freezer all will be forgiven!

As you say, join a rifle club to get your FAC. I would see if you can get out on a stalk first though to see if it's to your taste before you start shelling out on this obsessively accessorised hobby. :)

I'm nowhere near Berks so can't help. Soz.

Snowstorm.

Welcome Gunner

I was born and raised in Berkshire myself (near Hungerford). Grew up fishing the kennet.

Welcome to the site.

Hi Gunner,
welcome aboard.
I'm about twenty minutes from you, check your P.M.s it might be of interest to you.
Mark.

Back