Thread: cuts

cuts

Apologies if already on SD somewhere's else, BBC News - Firearms check cuts
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

SD Regular
    Mick's departure seems to have been on the cards for sometime. What is not said here is that the decision is, at least in part, due to a merger of admin functions between Essex and Kent Police. The local FLO team is excellent, albeit busy. A shame to lose someone with so much experience.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

comes across as being so desperate to hold on to his job that he'd find any reason to make it look needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Costas View Post
    comes across as being so desperate to hold on to his job that he'd find any reason to make it look needed.
    The guy is recognised as being very experienced in his field and what he says has merit. Obviously if you made redundancies, lowering the level of collective experience within a department, the efficiency and quality of service will be lowered. How when it relates to ensuring public safety is it then a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Costas View Post
    What a callous thing to say... I wouldn't wish redundancy on anyone, not even you!!!

Oh, I just noticed your status
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    What a callous thing to say... I wouldn't wish redundancy on anyone, not even you!!!

Oh, I just noticed your status
    I wonder why??
    We really don't need fellow shooters like that.

I see that the BBC story says ' Essex police say they have now introduced more rigorous procedures for checking firearms certificate holders and applicants '......wonder what exactly this means,were they not doing things the way they should have been done before.

Quote Originally Posted by 1873gus View Post
    I see that the BBC story says ' Essex police say they have now introduced more rigorous procedures for checking firearms certificate holders and applicants '......wonder what exactly this means,were they not doing things the way they should have been done before.
    Ha ha oh well, it will be interesting to see how it's going to work. Maybe the will open a drive through service, I here it is the way of the future.