Women 'slugging it out'.........

Lakey

Hi All,

Yep I thought that title would arouse some interest:D

Here are a series of photos taken by a mate of mine back in the autumn. I apologise for the quality of the pictures, only they were taken at distances of over 100 metres and then I have heavily cropped into the images to attempt to show detail.

I will post each shot separately as for some reason if I try and post multiple shots at a time it goes wrong.

The photos are of two mature sika hinds having a punch-up, which is something you dont often see. I understand that red hinds also show this behaviour from time to time.

IMG_00051a.jpg

This is one of the shots before cropping,so you can see the start quality. This behaviour is so rarely photographed in sika that I thought they were worth posting up.

Thank god for motor wind.........

IMG_00091.jpg

Great shots, I have video of Reds doing it stashed away somewhere. I will try to find it but I think it was the best part of 20 years ago I took it.

John

Are we sure they are "fighting" ???;)

Great pictures.

Cheers + ATVB

Philip

Good point, and to be fair I am not sure. I have always been lead to believe that it is stylised fighting, but to be honest I am not that sure. Apparently one chased the other off, so maybe that was victor and vanquished ?

Last edited:
Nice one Andy...

And many thanks for the other night..

Really enjoyed myself buddy, well have to make it a camera only outing one time

Terry

Back