Thread: Thermal Imaging

Thermal Imaging

Has anyone used or seen these? Look good to use with nv scoe or just for counting deer etc.

http://www.jjvickers.com/flir/

That was tested on fieldsports britain 3 weeks ago... looks a good bit of kit but I can't see a real need for it as a stalker, except as you say for counting deer or to see where they are laying up at night.
    Last edited by Si; 06-06-2011 at 15:33.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

we use em alot we have one called a stic sight fits to the front of a riflescope on the 338 sniper rifles mega bit of kit used to good effect on taliban just need 30k think ill sell the missus

Saw that myself, would like to know more and try one before i handed over 3k+!

Quote Originally Posted by gr1ffer View Post
    we use em alot we have one called a stic sight fits to the front of a riflescope on the 338 sniper rifles mega bit of kit used to good effect on taliban just need 30k think ill sell the missus
    Awesome. Varmint shooting at its best glad to see my taxes are being spent exactly where I would want them to be.

So is it an open auction on your wife or sealed bids and can we have some photos please

Will you be accepting Camels my friend????
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I have a bit of experience with thermal kit and would suggest that you try before you buy. At the end of the day this is the cheaper end of the thermal market. You may be supprised at how far the effective range realy is. (Quite short and easily blocked by undergrowth)

Great thanks STAN it was that that I really wanted to hear......or that they were really good!