Couple of Questions about FAC

JayBM

Morning all,

Hoping I can borrow from the fantastic knowledge on the forum to answer a couple of questions:
  1. Recently received my FAC with a 22 rimfire slot. My old man has a 22 rimfire I'd like to share. How do we go about adding this to my FAC? The plan would be to keep it in my cabinet and for him to only have access via me.
  2. If I later want to get my own 22 and put in for a 1 for 1 variation; am I able to keep shooting with the 243 whilst the variation is in?

Thanks in advance

Jay

Last edited:
(1) Shouldn't be an issue - talk to your FLO about how he'd like to do it, particularly in reference to your intent to get your own in time.

(2) Yes you can, but many do not like to shoot while not in possession of an actual certificate. Worst case would be that your gun could be seized until you produce the certificate if the officer concerned was being particularly unhelpful. Always copy your licence prior to sending in. It's not a legal document, but may save some hassle down the line.

HTH

E t R

(1) Shouldn't be an issue - talk to your FLO about how he'd like to do it, particularly in reference to your intent to get your own in time.

(2) Yes you can, but many do not like to shoot while not in possession of an actual certificate. Worst case would be that your gun could be seized until you produce the certificate if the officer concerned was being particularly unhelpful. Always copy your licence prior to sending in. It's not a legal document, but may save some hassle down the line.

HTH

E t R

All i can had to this is send the police the copy and then you've no hassle having no ticket.

Back