Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bbc 3 our war, 10 years in afganistan

Bbc 3 our war, 10 years in afganistan

I have just watched the programme and I am almost speechless. What inspirational men we have in the theatre of conflict!

DC

true heros the lot of them i just hope that after what some have seen and dealt with that the mod are their to help them cope with it all after conflict is over

deeply moved by it - cannot wait for the next episode.
    TonyC

I only got to watch part of it as the wife was in bits as she found it so upsetting. Amazing programe that doesn't hold back. I'll have to watch on my own next time. The good lady gets upset everytime there's news of another one of our troops killed there.

very good programme, althou it doesnt tell the true story, only the guys that were there know

Stabilis Vikings

It is the closest thing that we'll ever see! No doubt its the MODs version of uncensored footage but I thought it was an excellent programme and it gave me a huge insight into the conflict for the men with boots on the ground.

DC

Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Good insight to it, better that Ross Kemp, although Ross Kemp in Afghan is also good viewing. I remember this in 2007, that was my first deployment over there, the reality of war. It was also the Royal Anglians who lost soldiers to Blue on Blue, the day I was leaving Afghanistan, thay had a very hard tour.

It still frustrates me that this countrys leaders can not support our Forces on return though. It's disgusting that injured Forces coming back have to be supported by Charity.

Looking forward to weeks episode.

TJ
    Position and hold must be firm enough to support the firearm
    The firearm must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort
    Sight alignment (aiming) must be correct
    The shot must be released and followed through without disturbing the position

The right stuff

The calibre of these young men is outstanding. What a country we would have if more 18-21 year-olds had the character of these lads, some of whom looked mere boys.
    No doubt some of the political classes will view the vitality they feel in battle with disdain. Shades of Rudyard Kipling's Tommy.
    Truely humbling.

Humbling is the word!!!!!!!!!!!!

This left me speachless and deeply moved hats off to all the brave brave brave young men and women out on the front line, we owe them everything!!!!!

Ads

Quote Originally Posted by tartinjock View Post
    Good insight to it, better that Ross Kemp, although Ross Kemp in Afghan is also good viewing. I remember this in 2007, that was my first deployment over there, the reality of war. It was also the Royal Anglians who lost soldiers to Blue on Blue, the day I was leaving Afghanistan, thay had a very hard tour.

It still frustrates me that this countrys leaders can not support our Forces on return though. It's disgusting that injured Forces coming back have to be supported by Charity.

Looking forward to weeks episode.

TJ
    I work for a locally based charity here in SW Scotland, we provide an R&R facility for those in rehab, at various stages. Having been there and done it myself I still feel incredibly humbled by the guys that visit us.... they deserve all the support we can give them!!