Newbie from SW Scotland... bit awkward... but here goes...

Partridge

I live in Dumfries and Galloway, and have been (game and clay) shooting for years. I have recently had my authority upgraded and acquired a .243 with a view to doing my DSC1 and exploring some of the sport that the lowlands/ highlands have to offer.

I'm interested in all aspects of the sport from the traditional "art of the stalk" side, to the techie side of modern equipment through to enjoying the rewards - olympic portions of beer and venison!

I am new to Stalking, but keen to get involved and learn as much as I can... so please bear with me - I'm happy to take all the help I can get...

Cheers and ATB

Kris

Kris- Welcome to the site and hope it helps you as much as it has help me and the good advice from all on here.

ATB

Andy

Hi mate , plenty of good info and help available on here and some very nice lads willing to help with questions etc

Thanks...

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies and encouragement, I look fwd to getting 'stuck in'... :p

Is there a facility on this forum to find out who is based locally (SW Scotland/ NW England) and are there any regular 'meets' or anything planned as such? I've had a quick look at the Diary section but don't seem to see anything?

ATB

Kris

Yes plenty of forestry, lots of FC run though, Thats ok but shed load of rules and regs to follow.

There are one or two pro outfits in the Ayrshire Area who have some nice stalking and dont take your eyes out.

I was out with one of them and missed completely probably the best roe buck head i have put my rifle up to. Thats another story though.

Cheers

It must be a nightmare managing the forests for the 'good of the people' - but at least we actually do have the land around us!

Thanks again everyone for the replies/ encouragement etc. I look fwd to catching up with you :D !

ATB

Kris

Back