Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nosler Partition vs. Barnes (T)TSX: Thoughts and/or opinions?

Established Poster

Nosler Partition vs. Barnes (T)TSX: Thoughts and/or opinions?

If you had to choose one bullet between the Barnes (T)TSX and the Nosler PT to shoot for all species of UK deer which would it be?

Note: Calibre thoughts are also welcome; however, this is not intended to have each respective calibre worshipping party pledge their allegiance.

I would go for the Partition no question. Good expansion and good penetration combine to give quick kills.

The TSX is quite tough. I have shot precisely three deer with 165gr Barnes from a 308 - all were Muntjac and all ran up to 30m with good hits. The bullet was not transfering enough energy into the deer.

Neither are necessary for the UK deer, but the Partitions are great. I am planning to use 125gr PT's in the 260rem this year, just for interest.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Barnes, you should go lighter than normal. I find them very acceptable! Shot everything with 120 grains no problem.

Without a shadow of a doubt, the Nosler Partition. Plenty of people, including myself, are of the opinion that they are the best bullet for the job. Quite pricey but well worth the money.

Tom

+1 for partitions
    Excellent in 85g .243

Barnes TSX but you've got to go for the lighter bullets, I use the 130gr in my 308 and have shot everthing with it.

SD Regular
    Hmm! All I could get at 100 metres with my 6mm Remington and 100 grain Nosler Partition last week at Garland's was a FIVE INCH group!

Quote Originally Posted by tjwaines View Post
    Without a shadow of a doubt, the Nosler Partition. Plenty of people, including myself, are of the opinion that they are the best bullet for the job. Quite pricey but well worth the money.

Tom
    +1 here tom.

I tried Barnes in my .243 and couldn't get them to shoot at all accurately. The Hornady bullets I use shoot inside a 1" group at 100 yds and kill very effectively and don't cost the earth

Quote Originally Posted by Teckel View Post
    Barnes TSX but you've got to go for the lighter bullets, I use the 130gr in my 308 and have shot everthing with it.
    Hi Teckel,
    What load do you use with the barnes, if you don't mind me asking?
    atb blue.