Thread: Fox calling in the daytime.

Fox calling in the daytime.

One of the farms I used to shoot on had a strict policy on shooting foxes or rather not shooting them. A pretty good place to practice technique though. This little chappie was right at the bottom of the field and ran halfway before I could get the video running

You could be making a rod for your own back by educating them

fox calling in the daytime

should have taken your shotgun ,AND BANG another little git out of the way

Yah and lose any other shooting rights on that farm,and respect ,and possibly other shooting elsewhere dollmen you are all the sport needs

Fox control is a job of work not a sport , its the sports shooters who have nothing to loose by missing a fox and nothing to gain but quedos by killing one that are the problem when these educated foxes get on a sporting estate and the professionals have to deal with them

Trouble I can promise you I am no fox lover,just spent last night and early this morning watching keepers poults where he suspected fox, but I was brought up to respect landowners wishes especially when he allows Deer control

Quote Originally Posted by trouble View Post
    Fox control is a job of work not a sport , its the sports shooters who have nothing to loose by missing a fox and nothing to gain but quedos by killing one that are the problem when these educated foxes get on a sporting estate and the professionals have to deal with them
    In my experience a lot of syndicates and farmers don't necessarily have the time or inclination to carry out their own fox control and rely on people such as myself who choose to have a pastime which includes shooting foxes, and by that definition any active pastime/recreation can be classed as a sport albeit a non-competitive sport.

I would hope that along with myself any'sporting' shooter still looks to manage the fox population to the farmers/syndicates satisfaction or you risk being replaced by someone else.

As for the original post, as he explained he was demonstrating calling in a fox on ground where they don't require foxes to be shot so there is no harm in doing what he did. If that fox was to move onto pastures new then I am sure that any capable foxer would stilll be able to shoot the fox......if you can't call it then bait it....simple
    Last edited by dave1372; 15-07-2011 at 22:26. Reason: poor grammar lol!
    By three methods we may learn wisdom:
    First, by reflection, which is noblest;
    Second, by imitation, which is easiest;
    and third by experience, which is the bitterest