Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: unlucky stalker

unlucky stalker

Is it just me or what, when bucks are in all i see are does and vice versa, still waiting to get my first nice roe buck, after nearly .....you wont believe how many stalks..i could have bought my own land

dont worry lad I took out missed his first buck second time out with me then 18months and at least as many outings he shot his first buck when out with a mate of mine never stopped talking about it since.that was almost 2 years ago

DON'T GET DISSHEARTENED THAT THE WAY IT GOES SOMETIMES THE FIRST ONE YOU GET MAY THEN BE A GREAT ONE, IT WILL CERTAINLY BE ALL THE MORE MEMORABLE FOR THE WAIT, JUST ENJOY YOUR DAYS AND ONE WILL COME YOUR WAY WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT IT, GOOD LUCK.

IT HAPPENS TO US ALL I WANTED TO CATCH A BARBEL YEARS AGO WHEN THEY WEREN'T SO COMMON IN OUR RIVERS OR SO BIG. I TRIED FOR ABOUT 12 MONTHS FISHING MOST WEEKS AND THE FIRST ONE I HOOKED WAS IN A MATCH ON THE RIVER WYE AND WEIGHED IN AT 10.75Lb A GREAT WEIGHT THEN AND I CAN STILL SEE IT NOW SO TAKE HEART, ALL THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT!.

yep me aswell, only had 2 weekends stalking so far april/ june and seen 8 does 7 shootable and the last one was about 15 meters away and watched it for 10 mins. but hoping all will come good soon. stav

I put up a thread about how long people had blanked for a while ago, at the time i was 4 stalks 0 deer, shot deer on my last 3 outings now though including my first buck.

I had one client out we could not get him his birthday present buck all we saw were does and tiny bucks.........we finally got him a trophy but no9t quite medal he was overjoyed.....we then blanked the next 5 stalks while looking for some cull bucks for him, we were out for the 6th time when we stumbled over the monster buck we were looking for ended up a big gold even though it turned out to be hollow inside(sandy soil)

Years ago I drew for a one-in-a-lifetime (literally) elk hunt in the Valle Vidal wilderness in northern New Mexico. I drew a cow tag which had a 99.99% success rate in the history of the area's opening up to hunters. The week I was there (Last three days of October, first four of November) the temperature at 9000 ft was a balmy and highly unusual 70 degrees F. I saw no cows but had several bulls within easy rifle shot cooling their private parts in run-off dams. Sometimes life works that way....~Muir

I could have had one my last outing but i wont go there, talkm about missed opitunities

Me as well,but for a reason, observing a new piece of ground ive aquired for sika, watching 12 stags in a field yesterday morning, roll on september / october, very frustrating. Struggling to catch up with bucks as well on my other permissions, lots of does!

It took almost a year before I got my first Roe Buck, for all the same reasons you outline! Thankfully I got a Fallow Buck on my first attempt, but the run of blanks was a test of patience for sure.