Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats the price on having a owl taxidermy

whats the price on having a owl taxidermy

i was on way back from work this morning and came across a littel owl on the road side been bit buy a car . the bird is in good nick not smashed about or anything like that how much would it cost to have it taxidermy and how would i go about geting it dont .

regards ben .

First thing you should do is report it as an RTA victim if you ask a taxidermist he will not touch it unless you have had it recorded. there are big penalties for being having one not registered.

ok maty i will do that were would i do that

Start by contacting a taxidermist if you know one or look on the web there is one on here but hes in Scotland I think.
    in the mean time put the bird in a sealed plastic bag in the freazer strighten it feathers as best you can and dont crush it in I did once big mistake.

Have a look at Gary Knight's web site http://gjknighttaxidermy.com/tag/gary-knight-taxidermy/
    Last edited by Teckel; 10-06-2011 at 08:54.

Quote Originally Posted by roedeerred View Post
    First thing you should do is report it as an RTA victim if you ask a taxidermist he will not touch it unless you have had it recorded. there are big penalties for being having one not registered.
    If my taxidermist knows what he is talking about and I have no reason to disbelieve him , when I asked him this morning he told me that he had to fill in a form to say it was road kill and thats it. He said it is a lot differant if he bought it in and then sold it but as a commission there is no problem. He was finishing off a road kill buzzard as he told me . ( painting its feet not wringing its neck)

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

New somone could come up with answer your friend must be a registered taxi thing they have to record it and are trusted by the powers that be.buzzerd would look odd with spiral neck

Quote Originally Posted by roedeerred View Post
    New somone could come up with answer your friend must be a registered taxi thing they have to record it and are trusted by the powers that be.buzzerd would look odd with spiral neck
    Yes that must be it ,he is registered

Some of his work will be on my website this weekend and he is very good.
    He was saying that the RSPB are anti taxidermy because they told him they believe it adds to the killing of birds of prey. I found that a bit odd surely the study of birds has been part and parcel of taxidermy for years.

Regards

Mark
    STALKING. WILD BOAR IN FRANCE. SOLE UK AGENT FOR BACONNES DOMAINE DE CHASSE. TRAINING. DSC 1 COURSES AND DSC 2 WITNESSING. FIRST AID FOR STALKERS.
    Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
    www.stalkinginengland.co.uk Stalkers online shop at www.deerstalkingequipmentandclothing.co.uk
    www.hunteurope.co.uk or contact 01728 745066 during office hours.

Yes is that not where it started as a learning /teaching/study exercise. fraid a lot of RSPCA/RSPB/type organisations are rife with people who think everyone but them wants to kill everything they know it all.they do not realise we (hunters)have to study wildlife to be sucessful and Keepers/proper countryfolk probably understand more than them.