Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stalking rights AAHHHHHHH

Stalking rights AAHHHHHHH

Stalking rights. I have been trying to find some land in Essex in which to stalk deer over. I don't mind if I lease it or come to some arrangement with the owner but I keep coming up with the same old problem. The farmer says we have got some one but we rarely see them. Why is it that so many so called stalkers have this land but don't go or make use of it but they wont let the land go either . I've got a couple of thousand acres of land I can lamp fox's over and shoot pigeons on when ever I want unfortunately no deer on this land but I wont take any more on as I just wont be able to cover it properly So why are people different with deer. Rant over .

Quote Originally Posted by crouch valley View Post
    Stalking rights. I have been trying to find some land in Essex in which to stalk deer over. I don't mind if I lease it or come to some arrangement with the owner but I keep coming up with the same old problem. The farmer says we have got some one but we rarely see them. Why is it that so many so called stalkers have this land but don't go or make use of it but they wont let the land go either . I've got a couple of thousand acres of land I can lamp fox's over and shoot pigeons on when ever I want unfortunately no deer on this land but I wont take any more on as I just wont be able to cover it properly So why are people different with deer. Rant over .
    they have a financial value simple as that mate !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    they have a financial value simple as that mate !
    I dont mind paying and i dont mind offering more than the chap who has the stalking rights all ready but surly all we are doing between our selfs is pushing the price up and getting a bad name for trying to push people out

+1 leec6.5 is spot on I don't see the point in having more ground than you can ever cover. It's more of a GREED than NEED thing.

Rgds. Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Quote Originally Posted by crouch valley View Post
    I dont mind paying and i dont mind offering more than the chap who has the stalking rights all ready but surly all we are doing between our selfs is pushing the price up and getting a bad name for trying to push people out
    Isn't that just what you're proposing then?

BTW: Some farmers/landowners might say they hardly ever see anyone around but not all stalkers will maintain constant contact if, for instance, they've drawn a blank or they don't have to notify when on the ground.

Keep banging on doors, be polite and show them you're keen to help them out, and leave your details - something will come up eventually.
    Last edited by Orion; 10-06-2011 at 13:08.

England, a large country south of the Scottish Border
    Offering to keep control of vermin and getting results is a good way of showing landowners that you deliver the goods.
    Orion is right, something will come up eventually
    Never a Lender or Borrower be

Hi Orion No thats not what im proposing. I can see that it reads like that what i ment was. IF the other stalker had given up the land I would pay for it weather he had or not and I would pay a bit more than the old stalker did if it was a money issue for the farmer. I will keep doing the door knocking thanks.

Alot of the problem is some stalking agents just want to take clients out for bucks as thats where the money is and they take on more and more ground to shoot a few good bucks off each year, they are not worried about cull bucks and damage to trees or actually stalking. Then they do next to no doe cull. So loads of ground is left unstalked bar a few weeks of the years for financial reasons.

most of my stalking is directly from the fox control I do. When you're shooting the foxes and there's deer on the ground the farmers are often happy with you managing them too.

If you know some one is on the ground and is only interested in bucks why not offer to shoot the does for a price win win .