Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: H/gun bang up down under in Oz

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available

H/gun bang up down under in Oz

I think perhaps he was shooting a bit further out than he was capable of on some shots? A few of the bullet strikes were less than perfect.

Having said that when used sensibly they clearly work.

Not my kind of video - comes across as a killing spree to me unfortunately!

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Not my kind of video - comes across as a killing spree to me unfortunately!
    Totally agree. Sick is the word I would use. Helecopter in so I expect the carcases were left to rot. Killing for killings sake.

I actually wondered if the animals were in fact 'wild'???

An awful lot appeared happy standing there waiting to be shot. I would like to see how well the 'hunter' would fare if running about like that to get a shot at some of our deer here!

Each to their own though....

Wild, possibly never seen a human so have no fear instinct. Think of the seals on our shoreline and watch them disappear yet in the remote isles you see camera crews wlking through them. Fear makes our deer wild. Sitting in a remote part of OZ they could have been there for generations without seeing a human. Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo123p View Post
    Wild, possibly never seen a human so have no fear instinct. Think of the seals on our shoreline and watch them disappear yet in the remote isles you see camera crews wlking through them. Fear makes our deer wild. Sitting in a remote part of OZ they could have been there for generations without seeing a human. Jim
    Fair point, but as prey animals in the wild it it not instinctive to flee...?

No longer bears or wolves here chasing our deer about but when being stalked they don't hand around for long.

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    I have no idea on the animals in this video myself but reckon they are indeed wild.

There are places up north that never get covered by humans at all.Cattle stations are huge and measured in the hundreds or thousands of square kilometres.It is entirely possible for an animal to be born and live to trophy size without ever seeing a human.
    My mate used to hunt on one place that had its station name shingle out on the road at the front gate/entrance to the property and from there it was a 70 mile drive to the homestead,they drove another 2-3 hours to get from there to the camp on the billabong which hadn't seen anyone since the previous year. Gives an idea eh!

Oh dear, another stupid video, it does nothing but give the antis more ammunition!!!! People need to stop post these kind of clips on the internet.

Different country different culture