Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roe Bucks fighting - Video Footage

Roe Bucks fighting - Video Footage

Just seen this good footage on youtube of territorial bucks fighting, but also shows how deer fences can work against them when they are trying to escape. Very close call and not sure whether the weaker one was okay as the footage ended whilst they were still at it !!

Looks like it will have been fatal.Looks seriously injured and it wasn't over.

Atb,
    Neil.

It SHOWS THAT DEER FENCE IS SOME TIMES THE DEER ENEMY.As are people who video deer i am sure if the chap videoing was not there the deer would have ran the fence and been off.

is this your video - if so, why didn't you step in and scare them off earlier - you saw where this was going and wasn't going to be nice

if not yours, then I apologise of course..

IF THE MAN WITH THE VIDEO CAM GOT OUT THE WAY ,THE BUCK WOULD HAVE GOT AWAY AND THE OTHER BUCK WOULD HAVE STAYED WHERE HE WAS AS THE BIGGER BUCK...THE LITTLE BUCK LOOKED LIKE IT WAS DONE FOR AND COULD ONLY GO ONE WAY AND GOT THE HORN AGAIN

A fight would mean there was 2 sides that was just a good oung buck getting seen off.

I agree that guy caused the buck to get hurt it would have run off long before it got spiked. Its certainly not very well, it may survive but it will never be as good again. What a D**k that guy is

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    is this your video - if so, why didn't you step in and scare them off earlier - you saw where this was going and wasn't going to be nice

if not yours, then I apologise of course..
    Certainly not my video, just browsing youtube!! No apology needed.
    Timney

The guy sounds like a woman!
    Shane

Hi, this is my video.

Firstly, which isnt clear in the video, there were fences and on 3 sides of the deer. The only way they could go, was back up the field, which the stronger of the two wouldnt allow. I was standing at the corner of the field, behind a stand of trees and behind a fence, which again, isnt clear in the video. I first heard them because they were originally in the corner, where the weaker had its head stuck through the fence, and was getting its ass kicked. I know it looks like i was blocking their exit, but infact there was an 8 foot high fence infront of me and them. Even when i went along the bottom where it was trying to get through, it was oblivous to my presence, and just moved further up and tried to force its way through. It seemed to be exhausted, and in panic mode.

I tried for over 25 mins to scare them off, but i was on the wrong side of the fence and unable to get into the actual field in which they were fighting. Even the fact that i had two dogs with me didnt seem to deter the attack.

I managed to track down the owner of the land they were on, and was filming whilst waiting for someone to come out and deal with them.

Part of me felt i should let nature takes it course, but then its not natural to have a ruddy great fence in the middle of their habitat.

I did what i thought was best, and i apologise for being "a d**k" and if infact i made matters worse. This attack had been going on for a good 30-40 mins before i even got there, as i heard the noise from way across the woodland. Im not a deer expert, i was just out walking, but wasnt prepared to turn a blind eye to suffering.

And yes, this guy is a girl.

Hi, Sincere apologies from me, it did look damning when the buck ran towards you and stopped looking straight at you. You obviously did what you could and caught some interesting footage of the damage we have done to their habitat and those reprocussions. With so many stupid people messing with the wildlife everyday where I work, I put you in that same catergory. Again Apologies!

What you certainly have brought to my attention is I need new computer speakers.