Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4x4

4x4

Ill shortly be looking for a cheap 4x4 any ideas dont want anything to big vitara or pajero would be ok and dont want to spend to much cash atb paul

Daihatsu Fourtrak. Solid, reliable, cheap, good 4X4 system. If anything does go wrong they're easy to fix needing nothing more than a simple tool kit. Just try and get one that's been reasonably well looked after otherwise the dreaded rust gets in!!!

Short wheel based Patrol? Generally unpopular so quite cheap...

4x4

Plus one scott the fortrack is a great 4x4 best i have had just a shame they stopped making them.

Or even for really cheap and cheerful a Jimny, they look particularly fetching in Gold... (ask Kalahari!)

theres a really nice looking suzuki near me for £600 looks good condition, in surrey

I can no longer accomodate six Red hinds in the back, now the Hi-Cap is gone, have to be happy with a couple of Roe in the Jimny .
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

How about a Rav4

Paul,

If you are thinking of using it to make the looooong run to and from Aberdeen, I'd look for something fuel efficient - I like the LWB 2.0 diesel Suzuki Vitara, as it scrapes the bottom of 40mpg, has loads of room, reasonable road manners and is light enough not to bugger up the ground if the going is a bit soft off road. Someone sold a mint one on here a few months ago for £800 with years of life left in it. If you want to spend a bit more, look at the four door Toyota Rav4 - fits the same criteria.

You can pick up Shoguns, Troopers etc dirt cheap but they will be thirsty on long motorway runs. I'd like to see you and Mumbles trying to get in and out of a Suzuki Jimny

I know where there's a very well used Disco' going cheap - smells of chip fat and dead stuff but knows its own way to Scotland...

A.

I know where there's a very well used Disco' going cheap - smells of chip fat and dead stuff but knows its own way to Scotland...
    How's it shoot?
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!