Thread: Grocery money gone for this payperiod...

Grocery money gone for this payperiod...

I drove to a remote clinic near the City yesterday so I just crossed the hills and went to town to do some grocery shopping. First, I stopped at the ranch supply store to check for some 22WMR ammo. Instead, I found they were having a "parking lot"" sale. They had CCI Blazer, 40 grain ammo in sale for $100 per 5000 round case! Even here, that is a ridiculously cheap price and they had pallets stacked with them. I bought two cases and figured I had enough food to get by another two weeks.~Muir

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    I drove to a remote clinic near the City yesterday so I just crossed the hills and went to town to do some grocery shopping. First, I stopped at the ranch supply store to check for some 22WMR ammo. Instead, I found they were having a "parking lot"" sale. They had CCI Blazer, 40 grain ammo in sale for $100 per 5000 round case! Even here, that is a ridiculously cheap price and they had pallets stacked with them. I bought two cases and figured I had enough food to get by another two weeks.~Muir
    No problem... Honey-glazed squirrel and beans... yum, yum... just lookout for the bees nest when your shooting dinner.

Vary with rabbits, prairie dawgs (a bit salty I'm told) etc, etc.... when is your next payday?

By the way, I cannot believe the price of that ammo... geez!

Will be out in your neck of the woods in the near future and will be visiting a Bass Pro store nearby along with a few other places. But that price for 22 is cheap!!

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    They had CCI Blazer, 40 grain ammo in sale for $100 per 5000 round case!
    At todays exchange rate you can really say they are ten a penny! Good score.

Thanks for that Muir i just paid 46 for 500 rws .22 subs

I have plenty of elk and venison and a 50#sack of rice. I'll get by. BEsides, the squirrels around here are scrawny and tough!

To give an idea of prices, these Blazers are far from match ammo but shoot very well in my pistols. Usually this is $22.95 for 500 ctgs. This makes the price I got less than half by a goodly margin. I'm tempted to buy some more ....if I can get the gas company to wait til next month!~Muir

PS: We never shoot rabbits without having a few weeks of sub-freezing weather. Fleas here carry bubonic plague...

Does make you wonder what the profit margins on ammo are?

The ammo makers have been gouging us for almost a decade now. Does it really cost $60 to make and deliver a box of premium hunting bullets onto the shelf? Nope. The profits are huge.~Muir

Just picked up another 10,000 rounds. The sale is over this evening. I wish these weren't sale prices.~Muir