Thread: Swaro Bino Guard EL

Swaro Bino Guard EL

Anybody tried these yet?

I know they are dear at nearly thirty quid, but with the bins costing fifteen hundred, I still think a useful bit of kit.

Be a nice gesture if Swarovski would supply them as standard with the EL range...

I've been using a soft bit of leather without the fancy clip on the side, just the straps threaded through each side and flopped over, for over thirty years.
    Any bit of soft leather the width of the bins and long enough to go over the bins from front to back, make two holes where the straps come and 'Bobs yur Uncle'
    I have a pair of the new Swarovision bins and could not find any soft leather so cut an oblong big enough to do the job from an old pair of Doc Martins and now have that on them.

Yes, Laurie Walton showed me the leather type when I did my level one a few years ago, a good way to save a few bob.

Got the bino guards cos' I hate messing about with plastic ocular caps when its pi55ing down!

Quote Originally Posted by Deako View Post
    Anybody tried these yet?

I know they are dear at nearly thirty quid, but with the bins costing fifteen hundred, I still think a useful bit of kit.

Be a nice gesture if Swarovski would supply them as standard with the EL range...
    john were are mine you scouse xxxxxxx ps dont for get my jag and my bore gide .ha ha . nearly finished my level 2 soon..Neil

Anybody tried these yet?

I keep coming back to this thread, clicking on the link and thinking 'should i buy this?', I reckon I'm going to purchase one of these because as you say, 30 is dear but if its going to help protect the glass on my 1500 bino's and is easy to just flip back when I need use them, it's a small price to pay.

Regards
    TotalNovice

I bit the bullet and bought the Swaro bino guard. Since I have a harness on my El's the guard is better for ME as previously the lens cover was suspended on split rings and cable ties and was a bit fiddly. I think the bino guard will be good protection when crawling. No doubt a slice of Doc Marten's will do the same job!

Phil
    Yet another 7mm08 user....

hi there,you should have phoned swarovski direct they would have given one to you free of charge all they would have needed was the serial number of your binos.i know when i lost the end cap of one of my 42 end they sent a new set to me free of charge.sorry i did not see your post earlier.cheers from a midge bitten highlander

+1 for the soft leather ive been using it for years, had to replace it a couple of years ago but only had some rigid leather, a minute with the grinder soon softened it up

Unfortunately you will have to go through a dealer if you want too purchase the Swaro Bino cover, Swaro do not sell them direct.
    As previously mentioned though, if you contact Swarovski with your serial number they will send replacement rubber lens covers FOC.
    Fantastic service.

Anybody tried these yet?
    I tried using some EL's with the Bino Guard last night and it seems to do the job well and is less fiddly than the lens caps. There is also a small pocket for a lens cloth which is a nice touch. Part of the price is obviously for the name, but as a percentage of the cost of the binos not that expensive.