Thread: Laser genetics-ND3 or ND5x50

Laser genetics-ND3 or ND5x50

Guys, i'm looking at getting one of the laser genetics ND series of green laser designators for use with a Zeiss dyalyt scope, anyone use one, if so, whats it like for foxing?

Cheers

Tikkat3

Hi, I borrowed one from my local shop last year, it was grand to start with but as the metal got cold it stopped working dramatically! 3'c and below it seems to do this. It is not a problem with the batteries as I have heard but a problem within the crystal used in producing green laser light. I have a torch that uses the same batteries which worked perfectly in a Bosnian winter and it dropped to -28 there one night!

I just got an OK night vision monocular instead and stuck with the normal lamp.

Ali

Quote Originally Posted by TikkaT3 View Post
    Guys, i'm looking at getting one of the laser genetics ND series of green laser designators for use with a Zeiss dyalyt scope, anyone use one, if so, whats it like for foxing?

Cheers

Tikkat3
    hi I got one from belper tackel ND3 AND THE ND5. ND3 did not work in cold wether at all it gone back to bsa the nd5 is not gun mounted still got it.It takes sum getin use to . you will get a good lamp and battery for simler cash.

I wouldn't bother mate. Better off spending your money on a good lamp, lightweight battery and gun mounted torch.

Atb Steve

The three people I know that use it aren't using it as a lamp replacement but NV replacement for lamp shy foxes.

Stan

my mates got the nd5 he thinks its the dogs whatsits, he has had 18 foxs in the last 2weeks using it, and it does come scope mounted, only draw back he says is he uses a light force spotting then switchs to the nd5 when he draws them in,(150/200yrds) not tryed it in really cold as yet, but there is a sub zero one coming out?

Managed to get out last night with a mates ND3x50, most impressed, if the ND5 is better as advertised, i think i'll put up a wanted thread on here as all the ones i've seen are from america and see if i can get one

Cheers for your comments

Tikkat3

I tried one, thought it was a waste of time, despite what I had read the foxes seemed more jumpy with it than with a normal lamp.