Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autmn watch, request for info

Autmn watch, request for info

We have today received an e-mail from autmnwatch on the BBC, this is it

hi there i'd be grateful if someone could contact me re the rut on exmoor. i work for autumnwatch and this is an event we're very interested in filming.

Anyone able / willing to assist with this

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

What Johnny Kingdom not available! Or maybe he isn't flavour of the month after the 'Emperor' fiasco? PM inbound John.

I would have thought this a very good opportunity for some really good PR to show stalking and wildlife management going hand in hand with each other.

Should have contacted the Devon & Somerset Staghounds !!. Bit of PR for the hunt also but that would not be PC for the BBC.

It would be a good opportunity for good PR yes, BUT an agreement on their interpretation / theme / agenda should be agreed up front. All too often aunty BEEB runs its own bunny hugging agenda & we don't want to be party to that!
    Remember keep your friends close & your enemies closer!

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    What Johnny Kingdom not available! Or maybe he isn't flavour of the month after the 'Emperor' fiasco? PM inbound John.
    I saw Johnny on the box this week trying to get some film of the red rut. It was more a case of him & the camera crew pushing the beasts around the moor! The deer were repeatedly clocking him and then moving off.

Very wise words indeed.

Gents, note the content of the email:

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    hi there i'd be grateful if someone could contact me re the rut on exmoor. i work for autumnwatch and this is an event we're very interested in filming.
    Other than the writer's keyboard apparently not having a caps shift, I don't see any mention of stalking, hunting, antis, or anything to do with deer management etc. etc. Hopefully they would just be looking for information and locations to observe and film the rut - a fantastic thing to see in this part of the world and something that I'm sure many of you would also enjoy. If it descends into any kind of politics then I'd advise anyone who might get involved to withdraw poste haste.

Having said that and being realistic, I doubt that any 'creative' types would give any kind of 'agreement on their interpretation / theme / agenda' up front. I wouldn't submit to self censorship before the event, would you?

Quote Originally Posted by Yorric View Post
    It would be a good opportunity for good PR yes, BUT an agreement on their interpretation / theme / agenda should be agreed up front. All too often aunty BEEB runs its own bunny hugging agenda & we don't want to be party to that!
    Remember keep your friends close & your enemies closer!
    So true, i quite enjoy Autumn/SpringWatch now that the little tw*t Bill Oddity isn't on it anymore, but was a bit disappointed when they showed a jay tearing into a wrens nest and taking one of the chicks, Chris Packam then defends the Jay by saying that it's all part of nature, which is true, and that they only do this kind of behaviour during the nesting season!!!!!! When else are they going to eat eggs and chicks!!!!!

They also had a debate on whether magpies were detrimental to the songbird population, guess what the outcome was, yes you guessed it, they have no impact on songbird nesting whatsover, no thats because the carrion crows and hoodies got there first.

Rant over.

Moose

Good post Yorric get it down in writing first but hey what a chance for some one.