Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Off ticket mod

Off ticket mod

Looking for an Off ticket Mod for Export

cheers FlyBoy270

Mate,

If that is for a firearm or is a firearm mod, do you realise what you are asking for?

You are asking for someone to come forward admitting they have an illegally held notifiable mod!

Not sure you'll get many responses!

if its for an air rifle or FAC air rifle - no worries -

T

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Mate,

If that is for a firearm or is a firearm mod, do you realise what you are asking for?

You are asking for someone to come forward admitting they have an illegally held notifiable mod!

Not sure you'll get many responses!

if its for an air rifle or FAC air rifle - no worries -
    </p>
    Mate you do realise it is quite legal to posses a mod without it being on your ticket.
    You can just walk into the RFD and buy one without an FAC.

What is to stop a member of plod, there are a few on here I have had friendly dealings with, run the same advert, A wee knock at the door and out goes your FAC, your rifles, shotguns and all you are left with is a visit to the sheriff and an depletion of the bank ballance. Most countries don't allow mods so backtracking if I sold you one I could be done for selling knowing it was to be exported. I suppose SD could come into the equation for allowing the advert. Can of worms. The proof would be they were only suitable for airrifles and they are cheap as chips. Jim

Interesting discussion point then!

I was under the impression when i lived i the TVP area when i bought a mod i had to notify as it was going on a mod 'slot' on my FAC?!

When i bought a brand new T8 from Ministerly Ranges they notified them for me?!

Interesting

More recently when i had a bit of a mix up at S yorks after moving. I asked for a variation, they tried charging me for cal to include a mod (not knowing i hadnt filled the mod slot previously for the changed cal), they were asking for money to reinstate the mod and i was going to have to pay till i stated that no Mod was bought!

T
    Last edited by Tommo; 22-06-2011 at 13:22. Reason: i cant speak English at high speed and type at the same time lol

Quote Originally Posted by J Blane View Post
    </p>
    Mate you do realise it is quite legal to posses a mod without it being on your ticket.
    You can just walk into the RFD and buy one without an FAC.
    Already covered on here and you are wrong or the RFD's on here were spouting BS.

i am a RFD i would not sell a mod unless i saw a vacant slot on a FAC for it. admittedly i have not been i the business as long as some o here but that the guidance from my FEO.

Keith

Right,

Just got my FAC out, Under Section 1 'Firearms possessed' i have my mod's listed.

Under section 2 or (ii)! 'Firearms authorised to be purchased or aquired' i have cal's listed, and specific mod's to those cal's listed.

So from my understanding Mod's have 'slot's' so notifiable.

T

For 90 plus P&P you can have my SAK from my .17hmr it will also fit airguns so it has many uses