Roe Rut

jon15

Has anyone seen any action yet? I know its a bit early but was wondering if all of the hot weather earlier in the year might have moved things forward.

Last edited:
Two nights ago I saw a youngish buck making has way across a field with his head stretched low. Shortly after a dow came charging out of the undergroath with the buck in hot persuit. Apart from that I've hardly seen a beast, been very quiet and little or no movement.

bucks will chase does anytime, IT IS NOT A SIGN OF RUTTING behaviour ask again in a month.
and what hot weather?? we have had 2 days.
the best will in the world will not speed it up mid july at the earliest.

well i do have a bit of a confession i drive a truck for a living and whilst driving along two days ago with metalica blasting from the stereo i saw a doe run then stop then a buck poped out behind her she started to run and he gave chase and i thought is this just the start of this years rut and then over the hedge i saw 2 army helicopters which couldnt of been any more than 100 yards frightening the crap out of the 2 deer hence they were running i turnt down the stereo and then was able to hear the two helicopters and felt a bit stupid oh well live and learn

Like i have said the larger bucks necks have thickend and they are starting to be seen close to does this is normal for my area and it will take 3 to four weeks for them to get together. For me there will be small signs from any time now but if i am going out to call or watch rutting activity it will most likely be from the 25th of july on wards.

bucks will chase does anytime, IT IS NOT A SIGN OF RUTTING behaviour ask again in a month.
and what hot weather?? we have had 2 days.
the best will in the world will not speed it up mid july at the earliest.

+1 IT IS NOT A SIGN OF RUTTING, much to early for the rut.
The earliest I have ever seen it start is 20th July,and usually nearer the end of the month.

Last edited:
Back