Thread: Labrador bitch

Labrador bitch

I am looking for someone with a working lab bitch in season to mate my dog to he is the best picking up dog I have owned he came forth in a test the first time out.
    When picking up with him I quite often get a shout from other people who have failed to find a bird and nine times out of ten he finds it.
    His brother is the best deer dog I have ever owned.
    I have been working labs for 35 years.
    Or is there someone out there who has a working lab bitch about 2-4 years old they want to sell (must have Papers)
    My labs great grandfather on one side is (Haskayne moss of Glensue) British retriever champion and on the other side is (Styperson Grouse) British retriever champion.
    He is not hip scored.
    HELP
    If you want to know how good he is PM miffy he will tell you.
    Last edited by sikadog; 26-06-2011 at 14:03.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

are you still looking for a lab bitch.......

Yes I am still looking do you know of one
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

have you had him hip scored yet? my bitch should be anytime now but i have had her hips scored and they are very good and eyes are clear.

all sorted now thanks, she came in season on saturday so fingers crossed for next week.

Sikadog

Can I ask why you have not has his hips scored? I am not trying to be antagonistic but regardless of how good a dog he is if I was putting him to a bitch of mine I would want all the relevant tests done before hand. It does not guarantee anything but it is a start to ensuring no passing of problems to the pups. I know that people can trace back the lineage over many generations, but one of my bitches from very good parents was scored at 5 & 15. It happens. Everything else I own that has been bred from has produced combined scores of less than 7.

It is a shame if he is that good to not be able to produce the paperwork to owners of prospective dams. I should also add that personally I would never buy a Labrador pup from parents that had not been scored. I have seen friends hit with unexpected vets bills and heartache because they have done just that.