Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Rut

Red Rut

Hi all has any one come across scotish woodland reds starting to roar yet, as i will be out on my ground next week hoping the rut has started
    amberdog

Someone on another site said they have heard, but I have heard nothing and neither has anyone that I know.

J

Not a thing so far, but I'm out at gairloch on saturday so will report back on sunday

It normally kicks into full swing in a week or two, I hope to sticks to itís usual time table as I am on my patch in a couple of weeks, my mate was on the stags all last week(West Coast of Scotland) and he didnít mention hearing any roaring.

Best rgds

Tahr

Davie
    i THINK WE HAD AN EARLY FROST. Always good for getting the stags and hinds moving but the weather has went wet again. Did your mate see many Thar stags that is

He shot a couple of smaller red stags and a reasonable Sika.

Best rgds

B-b

Davie
    Looks like they are moving and if its tinny that's nice to here of another sika getting grassed i shall be up this weekend and have a wee run about the place with a lamp to see whats what

Cheers chaps my ground is on the west coast but low down above the clyde and we have shot a few allready but not in hard antler cull to meet!!!! and its new ground, I look forward to the info on sunday as i will be off stalking from tuesday

amberdog

Cheers chaps my ground is on the west coast but low down above the clyde and we have shot a few allready but not in hard antler cull to meet!!!! and its new ground, I look forward to the info on sunday as i will be off stalking from tuesday

amberdog

i wish i could have double stalking rather than double maths on tuesday ..... [/quote]