Thread: fox shooting bit of a slow time

fox shooting bit of a slow time

heading out tonight to try for a few foxes, i have only been seeing a small number this last couple of months and rarely get a shot at them. Hopefully tonight will bring a result.

keith

I will send you some over, im sick to death of them.

After a right good clean up through winter and early spring things were quiet with only one litter of cubs to dealt with on the estate.
    That was until now, much of the land surrounding me is un-keepered or poorly keepered and the infux from moving cubs has been massive this year and im more than well on the way to a record year for foxes.

Took 3 more last night, 3 on sunday night and 2 on saturday night and this is only on the small amount of grass land I have where they can be called in. Harvest time is going to be very busy.

numbers

i have quite a few bits of small permissions, thats my problem, the land i have is pretty patchy i.e. 20-30 acres here 100 acres there nothing too joined up. hope you get the numbers knocked down before you release your game etc.

keith

Bait them in, its like that round here and there is so many people at it and generally they are **** shots, making everything crap themselves at the flash of a lamp and run for the nearest hedge without looking back. Baiting is best way with night vision to sort the buggers now.

reasonable night last night, we called at a farm to shoot a few rabbits with the .17 and got 10, we then headed over to a very small permission and to our surprise we ran into at least 3 foxes. it was hard to say how many as they travelled several fields around us. We got one with the 223 but very dissapointed with my gwp , she was starting to make good progress retireving foxes but last night was the first success since i stopped to give the cubs a chance. no interest at all, need to get her out more often again.

keith

Quote Originally Posted by cockerdog View Post
    I will send you some over, im sick to death of them.

After a right good clean up through winter and early spring things were quiet with only one litter of cubs to dealt with on the estate.
    That was until now, much of the land surrounding me is un-keepered or poorly keepered and the infux from moving cubs has been massive this year and im more than well on the way to a record year for foxes.

Took 3 more last night, 3 on sunday night and 2 on saturday night and this is only on the small amount of grass land I have where they can be called in. Harvest time is going to be very busy.
    Need some help

Quote Originally Posted by Crow Man View Post
    Need some help
    Ha ha join the queue, thankfully the very expensive night vision scope has paid its self off and most of my foxing is now done solo on foot.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerdog View Post
    Ha ha join the queue, thankfully the very expensive night vision scope has paid its self off and most of my foxing is now done solo on foot.
    Nice, just about to raid the coffers for a new nightforce.