Thread: Boots

Boots

Hi all

About a month ago I bought a pair of Rocky Lynx Goretex Boots off ebay for 129 + post.

I have worn them on several stalks since buying them, and comfort and fit wise no problems but they had not been out in the wet because we have not had any.

Well, last Saturday night we did and when I went stalking Sunday morning it was not raining but wet underfoot. I was stalking in wet grass some of the time but not walking through big puddles.
    When I got home some four hours later both my feet were very wet, not just around the ankles but my left sole was wet as well.

I have sent these back for a refund to the ebay shop but contacted Garlands (the importer I belive) to see if any had been returned to them for the same reason.
    There answer was, they had sold thousands without complaint or return.

If they have sold thousands then I guess someone else on this forum must have a pair?

Just looking for feedback so your input welcome.

Thanks in advance

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Hi all

About a month ago I bought a pair of Rocky Lynx Goretex Boots off ebay for 129 + post.

I have worn them on several stalks since buying them, and comfort and fit wise no problems but they had not been out in the wet because we have not had any.

Well, last Saturday night we did and when I went stalking Sunday morning it was not raining but wet underfoot. I was stalking in wet grass some of the time but not walking through big puddles.
    When I got home some four hours later both my feet were very wet, not just around the ankles but my left sole was wet as well.

I have sent these back for a refund to the ebay shop but contacted Garlands (the importer I belive) to see if any had been returned to them for the same reason.
    There answer was, they had sold thousands without complaint or return.

If they have sold thousands then I guess someone else on this forum must have a pair?

Just looking for feedback so your input welcome.

Thanks in advance

Max
    Hi Mate
    Should have let me know I sell them , I got a pair but haven't really tested them yet. I'll go and find some puddles

Wayne

For what its worth I have had a pair of Rocky Stalker boots for 3 yrs now and they have never leaked. They been damp form sweat after 3 days constant use in the highlands, but no ingress. Never cleaned em just washed under the tap and left to dry.

I wore mine all weekend walked through the river at home a few times (it is low) no problems starting to really like them so light. If anything changes I'll let you know.

Wayne