50 gr .224 match bullets

I used 52gr Sierra matchking years ago with very good results 36gr vit140 , I think I bought them from Minsterly, now everything gets 55gr veemax , on calm days out to 500 yards had good groups on targets with the 55s

ATB

try trent firearms he has very good range stocked.
if you buy non expanding he can post,
try matchkings or 52gr Amax

What sort of quantity?
Midway is quite competitive if you order other stuff or get a group together to dilute postage.

I used 52gr Sierra matchking years ago with very good results 36gr vit140 , I think I bought them from Minsterly, now everything gets 55gr veemax , on calm days out to 500 yards had good groups on targets with the 55s

ATB
What calibre are we talking about here? Can't be .223 with 36gr of N140, surely.

No I use a 1/14 twist M70 Winchester Stealth in 22,250 the 55gr is the heaviest weight bullet I use ,
Years ago when I did my DSC1 I had used the 52 HPBT for ever and when it came to the shooting test the p###k wouldnt let me shoot the match round and it had to be a BT so I scrounged some 55gr vee max of a friend and had to do the test again and have used them ever since ,
With out checking my book I think its 35gr vit140 for the 55gr, point and shoot out to 200yds 3moa for 300yds then it gets interesting , had very good groups at 500yds on still nights ,

ATB

i use to have a winchester stealth. very nice rifle great h&s stock and good accuracy. i used 50 grain vmax or 50 grain blizkings in mine. with 35.5 grains of varget and cci br primer.

now using 50 grain nostler bt in my rpa with imr 4007 ssc. this powder is a bit dirty but gives very good case fill. and stunning accuracy. low es and averaging 3863 fps out of my 24 inch barrel.

With respects to the 22-250 boys, I'll add that for .222, about any decent bullet of the desired grain weight will shoot well. I like Sierra 52 grn bullets. About any configuration will shoot as well as they are loaded.~Muir

Back