Thread: Wellies for the hot blooded

Wellies for the hot blooded

I'm after a pair of wellies that, quite the opposite to what most people want, must be as cool as possible. I'm often attired in shorts during the winter so the thought of a pair of thick neoprene lined boots in the height of summer fills me with dread. But... I want a decent pair of boots that will last, keep me dry, be suitable on a more formal shoot but also round the yard.

Someone suggested the leather lined Le Chameau boots would be best, but at 300 you've got to be kidding!

The missus has Hunters which seem pretty lightweight but she wore the heel through in about a week.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

Stig

Aigle Benylsport
    Aigle Benylsport Iso Boot :: aigleboots.co.uk part of webury.com Ltd
    very thin. no neoprene, you will still sweat as if wearing shorts if you dont wear long socks you will get the slapping effect that kids get when wearing wellies without socks!

put a decent insole in them for support
    think the were 50 quid

Quote Originally Posted by stig View Post
    I'm after a pair of wellies that, quite the opposite to what most people want, must be as cool as possible. I'm often attired in shorts during the winter so the thought of a pair of thick neoprene lined boots in the height of summer fills me with dread. But... I want a decent pair of boots that will last, keep me dry, be suitable on a more formal shoot but also round the yard.

Someone suggested the leather lined Le Chameau boots would be best, but at 300 you've got to be kidding!

The missus has Hunters which seem pretty lightweight but she wore the heel through in about a week.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

Stig
    try http://www.uttingsoutdoors.co.uk/Pro...g1277/#details
    or http://www.uttingsoutdoors.co.uk/Pro...-30-01-009-84/
    or http://www.dubarry.com/style.cfm?product=3930

all good goretex lined waterproof leather boots......bit pricey, but like they say....you get what you pay for

shop about on-line...you may be able to get a better price

Thanks for the suggestions, I do want rubber boots... perhaps something like these are the ticket: Le Chameau Vierzon Air