Thread: Sundays abandoned stalk

Sundays abandoned stalk

Sunday afternoon i decided to pop out for a nice quiet afternoons stroll and have a look for an old roe buck that i had seen on some local ground on which i manage the small roe popualtion
    Its only a couple of hundred acres in size but the owners like me to pop in frequently and check all is well, and as the ground is situated near a busy main road the occasional rta wounding is unfortunately not that uncommon.

Upon my arrival whats the first thing i see not the three does with the old buck following leisurely on behind as expected OH NO instead its six fire engines, rescue vehicles and police everywhere.
    Getting out the truck with the police fast aproaching to see who i am i can clearly see what all the fuss is about, a helicopter has crashed landed in the field next to where i had expected to see the roe deer.
    The pilot apparently had suffered serious head injuries and had been air lifted to hospital some of you may well have seen it on the news
    After establishing who i was with the police [ i think they thought i was the press at first ] it was back in the truck and time to make a hasty departure leaving the buck for another day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-13832785

Lets just hope the pilot hangs on in there and makes a full recovery.
    ATB
    RICK O SHEA

Is that a pair of antlers I can see sticking out from under the wreckage Rick????

sorry couldn't help it mate.

Quote Originally Posted by RICK O SHEA View Post
    Sunday afternoon i decided to pop out for a nice quiet afternoons stroll and have a look for an old roe buck that i had seen on some local ground on which i manage the small roe popualtion
    Its only a couple of hundred acres in size but the owners like me to pop in frequently and check all is well, and as the ground is situated near a busy main road the occasional rta wounding is unfortunately not that uncommon.

Upon my arrival whats the first thing i see not the three does with the old buck following leisurely on behind as expected OH NO instead its six fire engines, rescue vehicles and police everywhere.
    Getting out the truck with the police fast aproaching to see who i am i can clearly see what all the fuss is about, a helicopter has crashed landed in the field next to where i had expected to see the roe deer.
    The pilot apparently had suffered serious head injuries and had been air lifted to hospital some of you may well have seen it on the news
    After establishing who i was with the police [ i think they thought i was the press at first ] it was back in the truck and time to make a hasty departure leaving the buck for another day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-13832785

Lets just hope the pilot hangs on in there and makes a full recovery.
    ATB
    RICK O SHEA
    You sure you didn`t let one go getting out of the truck and bring the chopper down cause that don`t half look like a bullet hole in the front of it!!
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by re'M'ington View Post
    Is that a pair of antlers I can see sticking out from under the wreckage Rick????

sorry couldn't help it mate.
    I feel slightly embarrassed to admit it but that was exactly my first thought lol.

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    You sure you didn`t let one go getting out of the truck and bring the chopper down cause that don`t half look like a bullet hole in the front of it!!
    So thats why they teach you on the dsc 1 to unload with the muzzle pointing in a safe direction
    ATB
    jon

Somerset driving test:

Look right, look left and look up!
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks