Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It`s a crying shame.

It`s a crying shame.

I`ve heard of shoots saying, "Shoot a hare and your history". "Do this or that and you are gone"
    What the hell has gone wrong with society when a land owner says "I want the hares and the deer wiped out" because of a minority of our society.
    I`m all for one for the pot when the time is right.
    Where does it end?
    basil.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

totally agree I was brung up being reminded of Geroge V saying which is published weekly in ST

Which is?

'Bugger Bognor'?

Your O.P is not clear. Is this about landowners cleaning out animals to stop the midnight dog men or do you object to your shooting host putting conditions on a shooting invite/shooting let?

Quote Originally Posted by longlowdog View Post
    Your O.P is not clear. Is this about landowners cleaning out animals to stop the midnight dog men or do you object to your shooting host putting conditions on a shooting invite/shooting let?
    I think he's refering to the fact that his landowner is probably at his wits end because of regular visits from "Nomads" with hounds and light fingers, so wants the temptation for them removed.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

thats a bit like saying I am going to chuck my widescreen telly away in case someone nicks it!

I believe the statement of George the V was that we don't own the game, we hold it is trust for our future generations.

Quote Originally Posted by longlowdog View Post
    The midnight dog men, the drive by shooters and any other thieving barsteward.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    thats a bit like saying I am going to chuck my widescreen telly away in case someone nicks it!

I believe the statement of George the V was that we don't own the game, we hold it is trust for our future generations.
    But maybe if you'd had 6 or 7 tellys pinched you might start thinking about maybe not getting another. I'm not saying the farmer is doing the right thing, just that if his land keeps getting hit I understand why he might be getting a bit desparate.
    You can't say muntjac without saying, Mmmmmm.

The police are rather reluctant to try to prosecute someone with a dodgy van, dodgy I.D and of no fixed abode so what are you meant to do if the scum find your land attractive for their amoral pastimes and threaten your family if you try to stop them.