Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 700 vs browning a bolt !!!!!

Wink 700 vs browning a bolt !!!!!

Me and my head keeper have been arguing the toss on witch rifle is best. I was thinking off getting a browning A bolt in .243 cal but he thinks a Remington 700 sps would suit me better !!! But i have been searching the internet and come up with the rifles that i have been interested in.

Remington 700 in varmint , tactical or sps dm

Browning a bolt UK stalker

Howa 1500

what do you guys think ???

Think you will get alot more suggestions than already mentioned. Mauser243

Not having shot a Browning or Howa I cannot comment, however in the past I have used a Remington 700

which i found to be a dependable and accurate rifle.

I was wondering though, why a varmint if it is to be used for stalking ? (me thinks maybe a bit on the heavy

side but then again you might be a big chap.)

Atb Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

remmy triggers arent a patch on browning/sako/tikka, the SPS stock is rubbish also.

I would have an a bolt over a remmy any day.

all three are good, I would favor the remie my self, but its your choice, which ever you get take your time and shoot it in....!!!

Tony

i would go tikka/sako if i had to chose a new gun or even better an old(er) mauser
    but i have just got myself a very nice remy 700 bdl is 243 and its stunning ive had 2 bucks in 2 days

You will not be able to set the remy trigger less that about 3lbs. I had to have the springs changed in mine to get it to 2lbs. All the rifles are good, have a look at the all and get the one you want evan if you need to pay a bit more than you want. What scope are you putting on it?

Stay clear of the Remington unless you want to spend a lot of money bringing it up to the standard of the other two as they come out of the box.
    I've had one Remington, never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Munty1 View Post
    You will not be able to set the remy trigger less that about 3lbs. I had to have the springs changed in mine to get it to 2lbs. All the rifles are good, have a look at the all and get the one you want evan if you need to pay a bit more than you want. What scope are you putting on it?
    i got a lepold vx 1 on my 22 atm so i will change it over and get a cheap one for my 22