Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Truck stinks

My Truck stinks

Fella's

Mrs RF gives it large about the going anywhere in the truck I use for deer stalking. She says it STINKS!!!!

I always put the carcasses in a plasterers bath but I guess on the "swing" in droplets of blood miss the bath. I can only assume its the blood as nothing else really comes into contact with anything.

Can you help shes doin my head in moanin.

Is it the blood that stinks?

Whats the best way to remove the smell? I have gone thro tins of Oust to no avail

Help out a fellow man guys and bring an end to my grief.

maybe the blood ...or do you need a shower? sorry hee hee was uncalled for

if you dont have the money for a valet then hoover out well and either and or both together even

1) borrow a vax and shampoo the inside and hoover
    2) after the above buy a bottle of febreeze and cover the fabric till it soaking then leave to dry....better than oust im guessing as its a liquid and will soak in better.

just make sure its a smell your going to be ok with!!!

the vax shampoo hoovers are pretty good tho

sauer

Old blood smells like a decomposing body!!!

A friend of mine had to get is 4x4 re-carpeted as the blood had been spilling out of the tray in the boot, seeping through the carpet, and pooling under the rear seats!!! This had built up over a few years.

I had the same conditions with another truck we had , finished up taking out all the carpet from the vehicle , steam cleaned the carpets and threw away the underlay, bought some bio cleaner and washed the inside flooring , to be honest you dont completely ever get rid of it , windows closed hot day and I could still get the faint niff.
    Years ago with fridge trailers if they had carried apples then were to load meat they would burn news papers in the van to take away the smell , so fumigation again ,

Febreeze works after a couple of applications.

If you give it a good clean with a hoover and shampoo the carpets and seats it may just do the trick,but some odours are near

on impossible to shift if left any length of time.

After cleaning you might try some Ordinary charcoal it is a fantastic odour absorber, and placing charcoal briquettes in a car is a

great way to get rid of the smell of offending odours. Place a large bowl of charcoal briquettes on the car seat, and allow the car

to remain closed for at least 48 hours. The charcoal should absorb the scent of odours, and the vehicle should smell fresh and clean

If all else fails it's time trade in the WIFE for a younger model!!!

Atb, Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Get her a cab!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

My Girlfriend used to complain all the time about the stink in my truck. We have now been married for 25 years so she must have got used to it
    There was the occasion when the smell even got to me ,and after guddling about under the drivers seat I came up with a putrifying kidney.Definately a breath through the mouth moment, I won`t repeat what she said to that
    Recently I put lemon kitchen cleaer on some fox pee in the back of my truck,all I succeeded in was to make a bad stink worse.Be careful what you use!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hummel View Post
    My Girlfriend used to complain all the time about the stink in my truck. We have now been married for 25 years so she must have got used to it
    There was the occasion when the smell even got to me ,and after guddling about under the drivers seat I came up with a putrifying kidney.Definately a breath through the mouth moment, I won`t repeat what she said to that
    Recently I put lemon kitchen cleaer on some fox pee in the back of my truck,all I succeeded in was to make a bad stink worse.Be careful what you use!!!
    You could Always do as Hummel recently done and take your Truck for a DIP!!!

Sorry Hummel could not resist Temptation !!!

Atb Buck.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

You can get this aerosol aircon deoderising stuff from Halfords which works quite well too... it's a spray can that locks in the on position. You set it off, stand it in the foot well near the air intake, crank the aircon on recirc and shut the doors and it deoderises all the ductwork and the interior of the car quite effectively.

It worked on my Pajero which hummed of wet dog when I got it....

Alex