Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hmr bullet remover

hmr bullet remover

you know those days when a bullet gets stuck in those tiny bores well all i use is a long carbon car ariel which i trimmed prior to use.....perfect for knocking them out

Please tell me this was ripped off the top of a chavved out Citroen Paxo!

I seem to hear more and more about 17s getting stuck in barrels. Is this really a problem? I've put a few thousand throught the Anschutz and never had a problem. Seems a bit strange to need equipment to get bullets out of rifle barrels!!! How often has this happened Loiner?

Ehh? Bullet stuck in barrel. How the hell did that happen....Like OK ive put 1000s through mine without issue. I guess if you got a dodgy bullet with very little powder in it could happen.

loiner I'm not quite getting the point here why would you carry a car ariel with you? If you think you are going to have a problem surely your cleaning rod would be a better tool for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by stevienicknacks View Post
    ...I guess if you got a dodgy bullet with very little powder in it could happen...
    This is sometimes the case it would appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Treacle Trackpad View Post
    This is sometimes the case it would appear.
    Not looking forward to that happening!!! Hard enough trying to push a patch out that may haev got a bit tight...Could be game over with a bullet in there. Wouldnt fancy showing a piece of metal down to clear it

Why not? You have a better chance of removing it with a proper cleaning rod rather than a fibreglass car ariel that is likely to splinter possibly driving glass splinters into your hand. A cleaning rod with a flat nosed jag on the end would be my choice, not too losse and not too tight.

Quote Originally Posted by old keeper View Post
    I seem to hear more and more about 17s getting stuck in barrels. Is this really a problem? I've put a few thousand throught the Anschutz and never had a problem. Seems a bit strange to need equipment to get bullets out of rifle barrels!!! How often has this happened Loiner?
    never happened to me but i have chambered a round only to find i havent done it right and the extracters not engaged so i knock out with the long car ariel.
    i do not have a rod for mine as i think the bore is too little to be pushing things in so i just use a bore snake....had mine around 5 years i think and still sub inch groups

The .17 HMR rounds seem really unreliable. I've heard of a lot of people with .17 rounds stuck in barrels, I can only guess that they have no powder, and that the primer is enough bang to move the bullet into the barrel, but not to push it out the end. I can't see why it should be more of a problem with the .17 than other factory rounds though?